ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 FF winter project

Jaguar S Type R
Decided to sell my Saab 9-3 V6 as it was very heavy on fuel and just not much fun to drive.

Having an M135i as a daily and a Westfield V8 for out and out performance I had decided I wanted something smaller, lighter and fun to drive without being anything silly.

Was offered a straight swap on a Clio 182 FF, seemed like a straight car and with good 182's seemingly getting harder to find I thought it would be a decent car to swap for.

Exchange was done yesterday (5th Nov)

Going to be a fun winter project as the car is basically a very good one, just needs a detailers touch and a little love.

Car is only 2 previous owners, full service history, 11 months MOT, recent discs and pads front and rear, Milltek catback, KTR induction kit

Low mileage for year at just under 63k and had belts done 4k ago

Drove back without fault, pulls very strongly and is massively better than my previous 182, this has definitely not been messed around with

To-do list

Refurb wheels - will do this myself as they are chipped rather than badly kerbed

2 new tyres - good to see Pirellis fitted instead of low end budgets

Headlights badly faded

Slight lacquer bubbling on one small area of bonnet - will see if I can save this, if not it will be a repaint

Full machine polish obviously with some small touch up in 3 areas (leading edge of bonnet and rear edge of both doors)

Full deep clean of exhaust so its back to new shine

Full underbody clean

Engine bay is leak free but very grubby

Interior needs a very deep clean

Some interior plastics have gone very sticky and will need to be replaced

Nothing major at all - just lots of bits and pieces - as its not a daily driver (yet) I can take my time and only bother taxing it when bulk of jobs are done

No intention of turning it in to a show car - just a clean, presentable 182

Attachments

• DSC02185s.jpg
    DSC02185s.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC02184s.jpg
    DSC02184s.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 136
  Jaguar S Type R
Started work on the car this weekend, interior was seriously grubby and spent a total of 8 hours on it, jobs done:
Wet and dryed all carpets
De-bobbled alcantara and deep cleaned
Cleaned and conditioned leather
Deep cleaned all interior plastics
Seat belts scrubbed
Replaced silver trim strips with carbon (originals kept)
New OE gear knob
Replacement climate control panel for one with no missing symbols
Replacement passenger and drivers side door pulls for non-sticky items
DSC02203s.jpg

DSC02197s.jpg

Gave the engine bay an initial clean - have some things to address in here from an appearance perspective but everything is as it should be
DSC02209s.jpg

Next jobs are wheels refurbished and paint fully machine polished - currently the gold fleck is hidden in swirls
Rear bumper has a small crack in it - probably could be plastic welded and re-painted but managed to find an OE brand new rear bumper in primer for £40