ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG Motorsport **TROPHY OWNERS**

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Had sent a shock absorber down to BG to have a look and i was speaking them reading work and i was asked to "Spread The Word"

As the motor sport session has now passed BG can now offer a much quicker service and turn around time for Trophy Sachs / Ohlins shock absorbers rebuilds. They are now offering "Roughly" a 7 to 10 day turn around time for a standard service & rebuild.
This is the perfect time to get the Trophy Sachs done with a lot of cars going off the road for winter and also with the much quicker turn around time.

There isn’t really a ‘standard’ charge to re- build as it really depends on the condition of the struts, although most of the sets they see work out to cost around £430 per pair (incl. VAT and return carriage),based on the springs being removed and the dampers cleaned before they arrive there. If we are to remove the springs and clean it adds a little to the cost.
The service includes a full strip and de- grease, inspection of working parts, replacement of all sliding seals and bushes with genuine Sachs parts and a pair of dual seal gas caps that we have developed specially for the Trophy. They are then re- built with new oil and nitrogen charged, then dyno tested to ensure a good match left to right.

However, of late they are starting to see some shafts that are scored and need changing. If they need a new shaft/shafts then there will be an additional cost of £120 each, but they only change these if absolutely necessary and they will always discuss/ contact you first.

They are able to provide a drop off service for your car, but They need it at least over night to allow a thread locking compound to set before rebuilding the dampers. With the removal and refitting this works out to around £625 (incl VAT) for the standard service.

If it is of interest They also offer a compression adjuster upgrade. The original adjuster assembly is pinned in place on the Trophy so we can replace it with a genuine Sachs Race Engineering working assembly which allows you to adjust the level of compression adjustment either to soften it to make for a more comfortable ride on bumpy B roads or stiffen it for more spirited driving conditions. The cost of this adds another £170 per pair, incl VAT to the bill.

Finally one other ‘optional extra’ They can now offer is for the struts to be powder coated to make them look like new as well as offering some protection from corrosion. If you choose to have this done it adds about 3-4 days to the time we need the dampers as well as £120 (incl. VAT) per pair to the bill.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's one of the reasons I got rid of mine! Just stupid money for some shocks!

I'm sure they do a great job though!

182 Trophy
Just sent mine off today to get refurbed. BG have been great at answering any questions i have had but it is very expensive to get them rebuilt. But a Trophy wouldn't be the same without the Sachs...

Clio Trophy
looking good, i imagine mine will cost closer to the 1k mark, as i will want powder coating and the new adjusters :D

Ex 182 owner
Thank you Marc,
Would be more interesting to see a small discount on offer if they are quiet.

Ex 182 owner
Part which sticks for me is the powder. They are a trade so must be able to get stuff done cheap. £60 per shock for a blast and powder is a fair amount of cash as they have the unit in bits anyway.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thank you Marc,
Would be more interesting to see a small discount on offer if they are quiet.

They will not offer any discounts at all to anyone, The price is the price.
I even got charged for a small 1inch "BG Sticker" so the chances of anything even as small as 5% is going to be a huge struggle.

Aren't Cornering Force meant to be cheaper?

I believe they are but the amount of people who have had issues trying to get hold of them and also issues with having to send there units back along with the turn around time puts me and a lot of others towards BG.
As stated on there website and other media BG are the "Only" Authorised Sachs Dealer in the Uk and anyone else who rebuilds these all end up going to BG for the parts.

Cornering Force were less than half the price (for me) and absolutely spot on. I drove up and met the guy twice and he's a proper decent bloke too.