ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Biggest Power 1*2's (without ITB's, SC, Turbo or Engine swap) ?

Did a quick search and couldn't find the answer.

Just wondering what is the most power that 1*2's have made without using ITB's, SC, Turbo or Engine Swap ? and if possible a list of modifications they had ?

bodied 172 Ph1
I washed mine and lost 20bhp! but I live in the country so it'll be ok by the end of the day!

The OP said without ITBs

I know of one that made 190bhp with Schricks/Matched Inlets/Decat/ITG Panel Filter etc

Fred got similar with some CatCams a few weeks back AFAIK

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
190bhp with cams/ filter/ map.
Think head work and pistons after that, but negliable gains!!

ITB'd 240bhp is 8k of your finest coin please!

Ph1
Whats behind the question mate? Are you thinking of going down this route?

Its alright saying the most powerful 172 / 182 makes X amount of BHP, but that only tells you the peak gains. Having 200 + dosent necessarily mean you have a quick car. Could be all top end and nothing low down

Whats behind the question mate? Are you thinking of going down this route?

Its alright saying the most powerful 172 / 182 makes X amount of BHP, but that only tells you the peak gains. Having 200 + dosent necessarily mean you have a quick car. Could be all top end and nothing low down

Just bored waiting for the bits to come back for my car. So i was wondering about what sort of figures people have had from cams + other mods.

Mine has been RR'd at 188bhp. Matched inlets, ITG filter, decat and stealth system. I'll await everyone saying it must be down to a generous RR, but I don't really care BHP figures are only useful for pub ammo/ a bit of banter.

S4 Avant
Yeah, rolling road figures can never be taken seriously, but when you've got two cars side by side, and one makes a good 10bhp clear of the other, it's fairly impressive

Yep, mine was run at a CS RR day when Martin had it, along with standard 172s making between 160-170 bhp, so it is pretty convincing but there'll always be people who doubt it.

Forgot to add it also has a 182 manifold.

Da

Less
My 182 made 191 recently, how reliable that is anyone knows but a 172 on the same rollers struggled to the mid 160's.

Mod wise - Yozza exhaust, ITG panel filter and an RS Tuning remap.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
my cup was at 192 then added a sports cat so 192+bhp

cams itg matched inlets and stealth. thats it.

however i have a few parts waiting to be fitted in a rebuild to get 240bhp+ of na power and nowhere near costs quoted in this thread!

JB

RB 182 Cup
I read in a mag a while back that the GDI demo 182 made 237bhp. Can't remember exact mods but there were definately no bodies or chargers installed. Standard lump was rebuilt from the ground up with uprated components then mapped accordingly I presume. Same car as the vid on youtube of the 182 spitting flames?

S4 Avant
I read in a mag a while back that the GDI demo 182 made 237bhp. Can't remember exact mods but there were definately no bodies or chargers installed. Standard lump was rebuilt from the ground up with uprated components then mapped accordingly I presume. Same car as the vid on youtube of the 182 spitting flames?

I'm sure that was on bodies? Although dan will kick me into shape if I'm wrong