ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Billabong mk2 Project

Clio billabong
At the age of 17 I got my very first car. 2003 renault clio billabong 1.2 Black/gold . Love it to pieces only thing I want more is a 182 but as a starter my 1.2 is fairly nippy.

Here it is when I first brought it.

7a5e4c6b-84f9-4536-a477-c74efa8dc50c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7caf4fce-9bd9-4b8b-9a48-363bc9733a00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

05ae772f-ae65-4cad-b9f2-fbfeae271b9b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

c060f6b0-9456-495f-8bdc-bd8688ef6fcb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

a5adbf51-4cc0-45b7-bf7e-2577f147ffdd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Let me know what you think I thought it was a very clean fresh looking first car and a great starting point for any project and with only 49k on the clock it was running smooth.

firstly I had major problems with my gaiter and gear knob, the gaiter popped out every time I went into reverse so the first thing I did was buy a new gaiter and while i was there a new gear knob to freshen that up to as the car is 10 years old and no sign of any modifications or alterations anywhere.

old
c416c289-eb9b-499d-9b07-d8f1978aa169.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New
e63862eb-7cc9-4fcf-ae79-c5f1d8421f6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then very basic. I added an aftermarket stereo system

324cb419-dd58-498e-82c2-c16ab0e82b48.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I then decided to get hold of some '3m carbon fibre wrap' to wrap the dash trims and I also did the Center console behind the hazard light.

IMG_1938.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1937.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In order to do the backing to the hazard light I had to unclip the center piece. 'easier if stereo is removed' pop the buttons out while wrapping then placing back together in reverse order.

IMG_2190.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2195.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As all was going well with my car then suddenly the worse thing I could possibly imagine happened.....

IMG_1855.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

yess a very unfortunate crash 'not my fault' i know you're thinking otherwise but it wasn't ! hah anyway here are a few pictures ' worst problem'

IMG_1856.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1927.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1928.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After 2 flat tyres, a smashed rear window / tailgate and ruined rear bumper.. leaving the car is such bad shape covered in scratches left right and centre. After a week I had someone check it all over and to get me back on the road I had to drive it as is in the last picture to the garage. I managed to pick up a tailgate and rear bumper (not great condition) but matched the car haha! and got the tyres redone. along side a rear drum leak and tracking and front suspension mount all done within the week. now am on the road.

The next road was to recovery!

while the car was in the garage I decided to spray all my badges to match the colour of the car so a quick trip to halfords to grab a few cans of primer . 'renault back' spray and clear lacquer and look at the results.

01545b7c-2323-4140-a97b-a6c2eece83da.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1944.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1943.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The car came back and i gave it a well and truly deserved clear and now i could see some real paint work damage it wasn't pretty so heres my new tailgate and rear bumper. along side my sprayed badges and my new addition 'de wipered' and i carbon wrapped the cover after adding a grommet and sealant to the hole to stop leaks.

IMG_1796.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

b9bb2d60-70cb-4d36-85be-ef138cf7232a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2025.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2091.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I added an LED rear bulb and brand new plate light bulb holder as the old one was looking dirty.

IMG_2252.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2255.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The next thing was something i wasnted to be done from the beginning I got hold of a colour coded spoiler and it made the world of difference.

Before :

IMG_2227.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2224.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After :

IMG_2228.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2231.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2230.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RS grill was installed and looks so much better.. its a little faded and will be giving it a spray. I am a little worried as its very detailed and i dont want to mess it up.

Before :

IMG_2246.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After :

IMG_2257.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also I had a crack and restoring my headlights as they were old and hazed but It was a first time thing and they still have a few scratches and I plan on going over them again. I also gave it some real TLC and had a big ol wash and scrub with a bit of after T-cutting and i must say my results are very minimal I have been T-cutting since i got the car back from the crash and that was over 2 months ago and I cant see much result? I would like to learn more about getting scratches out and is polishing any good? does anyone have any threads on polishing and waxing as it is something I'm interested in doing to make my paint work a lot better.

IMG_1788.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1790.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2287.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2278.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2279.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2286.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2282.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2284.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2291.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thats it so far;

RS Grill
Colour Coded Spoiler
Restored Headlights
Various Carbon Wrapping
Areo Twin Wipers
Rear De Wippered
Colour Coded Badges
De Stickered
Interior Lights (White LED's)
Number Plate holder
Number plate bulb LED
Gear Knob
Gaiter

Not a lot has really been done yet as the crash had major set backs.

To be done;

Colour Coded Door Handles
Colour Coded Side Trims
Bulb replacement (white) 'Don't understand HID's feel fee to help me there or send me a link thank you'
Rear 172 Bumper
Smoked indicators
Tinted windows (Stealth)
Smoked Rear Lights (To Remove The Red)
Lowered 30 - 40mm
Deep Dished Alloys (Black)
LED's In Dashboard Changed to White (speedo)
Yellow filming Tint (Fog Lights)
Wheel Spacers

Thats the dream Plan guys!

Hope you enjoyed my current and working project so far to date. cant wait to get the ball rolling and have my car looking stealthy. and comments feedback welcome and any help would be great being about HID's or Polishing and removing scratches and just about anything else. thank you :D

Angel eyes put a ring of light around the holders if you get what I mean.

If you google 'clio angel eyes' you'll see what I mean, I would link but I'm on mobile now so I cant

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
I wish these pictures were still up, very interested as I have basically the same car (different colour) and will also be doing similar mods.