ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Billie or H&R coilovers??????

Hi all,

i've got about £1500 to spend on my 172.

I've already earmarked £500 for some team dynamics pro race 1.2s with toyo R888s on.

Poly bushes + whiteline rear anti roll bar.

I'm stuck on teh suspension. cant choose between h&rs or billies????

im slightly wary of coilovers after the recent bad press in french cars mag on teh leda examples.

this is for a daily drive car that will see track abotu 5 or 6 times a year.

i just want less body roll, better handling and less understeer

Lionel Richie
LEDA got bad press for a reason, they shite on clios

anything German you can't go wrong, H&R if you're mainly a road user

i fancy something that you can alter when you go on track like the koni top adjustables... can H&Rs or Billies do that????

whats the main difference between the billies and H&Rs?

ah, hi matt hows it going? you got the scooby for the next llandow yet?

what were hte h&rs like on your 182?

pm me your best price mate

i'm still stuck on teh benifit of getting coilovers over a decent shock and spring setup... like the koni & eibach setup in french cars (may issue)...???

Lionel Richie
the only major difference is the height adjustment

and also the shock size and quality, valving etc etc

so would you recommend a decent shock & spring setup over coilovers providing i can get the springs the correct ride height?

clio 200 F4Rt
ah, hi matt hows it going? you got the scooby for the next llandow yet?

what were hte h&rs like on your 182?

pm me your best price mate

should be taking delivery in the next few weeks. cant wait... to say the least!

The H&R's were very good on the 182.

Let me crunch some numbers and i will PM you!

Lionel Richie
so would you recommend a decent shock & spring setup over coilovers providing i can get the springs the correct ride height?

well off the shelf 2.25/2.5 inch springs you can get anywhere

it depends on budget, H&R's are about £750, but then you have fitting and setup, (so budget £1K)

shocks and springs can be done for way way way less

well i've got enough to get h&rs... i'll fit myself and then get it set up somewhere...

i think i'll go for H&Rs as i can have the option of height adjustment too.

yeah i'll await your pm matt.

cheers
Tom

Renaultsport 220T
LEDA got bad press for a reason, they s**te on clios

FPMSL, Fred, you are a joke. Of they are shite on clio's. that's why the fastest car around Brands last Monday was a clio fitted with Leda's.

Anyone takes your advice, is almost as big an idiot as you.

Renaultsport 220T
ah Stevie, you're normally so nice to me! only reason was becuase our car wasn't there stevie! ;)

Your car ain't on Leda's.

You've never owned a 172/182 with Leda's on it. So how you can say they're not good on a clio is a joke.

I just think it's not doing you or Yozz's company any favours, if you contantly **** off products you don't sell.

Now, I'm being nice.

Lionel Richie
i have however fitted a few sets and driven several clios with them fitted, R&D isn't in their terminology

Renaultsport 220T
FPMSL, nice one Tony.

I really couldn't care less. At the end of the day, anyone who is spending a lot of money on their car, should buy what they want, not just be influenced by what people are trying to sell them.

:D

Lionel Richie
you know me steve, i'm just little mr opinionated, i'll stay quiet now, right up until the point i whoop yo ass at FCS ;)

where do i buy driving gloves from?

Renaultsport 220T
you know me steve, i'm just little mr opinionated, i'll stay quiet now, right up until the point i whoop yo ass at FCS ;)

where do i buy driving gloves from?

PMSL, you are so funny about wanting to race me. Well let's see it shouldn't be too difficult for you. Considering Yoz's car is on thottle bodies, and secondly I'm not coming to the FCS.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about my car at Brands. Cos I don't big myself up like you do.

:)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Is the dynacup ready?

Nothing wrong with leda's fella, far more track focused than the H&R's

Plus for some unknown reason the 182 H&r's arent as good as the cup with the same setup.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hahahahahahahaha!

"slip slidin away"

9544272-9544275-slarge.jpg

lol @ you lot.

any more opinions on these coilovers...

i'm pretty set on the H&Rs so far... how do they go on road & track?

also whats the best height to run the clio 172 at, and what camber @ toe in/out??

i'll be using 15" alloys

I have Ledas on my car and would have to disagree. The rear spring is there weak point and due to its length/shape it does bind occassionally. I am considering getting the H&R spring platform setup fitted (does anyone know if this is available to buy?)

I took my car to Angelworks the other week and Ben was very impressed with the ride and handling of my car.

When was the last time you drove a clio fitted with Ledas Fred?

Lionel Richie
about a month ago (wide's car off here) i had to modify the upper top mounts with spacers as the top mount rubbers were fouling the top caps which made turning the steering "hard"

admittedly i do like how LEDA have done their camber adjusmtent setup

clio 200 F4Rt

FPMSL, Fred, you are a joke. Of they are s**te on clio's. that's why the fastest car around Brands last Monday was a clio fitted with Leda's.

Anyone takes your advice, is almost as big an idiot as you.

that, for some reason, made my day! :D