ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Billie or H&R coilovers??????

M2 Competition
Am i correct in thinking the bilstein b14's have a firmer rear set up than h&r's?

Nothing wrong with ledas, set up correctly they're superb.

Out of every clio i've driven, nothing is as sophisticated as the ledas.

Ol YS's fancy ally billies were good, no denying that........but only in one certain point of their adjustment range, thats the problem with monotubes......you shim up the valve system and its good right there. When i tweeked it softer it just became bouncy with no damper control, and wound it up and it was like having mop handles as dampers. They are more efficient dampers technically, but there is a reason why race teams re-valve the dampers for tracks and conditions.

Audi TT 225
Back to the tyres for a sec, if its mostly for road use then R888's really dont go well with wet roads! And if you hit a big puddle and aquaplane... laters!

Also you would be hard pushed to get alloys and tyres for £500.
Theres a guy on here can get R888's for £70 a corner I think but most places are about £80 so thats about 300 bucks just for the rubber...

hi mate,

i've got a friend in teh trade and they are more like 40+vat per corner... these wheels will be only track day wheels anyhow.

i've got a set of mk1 172 oz wheels for them to go on which i picked up for £150.

they have nearly new s**t spec tyres so i think i'll use them until they go and then get toyos.

any opinions on KW???

so far i'm sold on the H&Rs as it needs to be comfy for road use...

how long do coilovers last as in when do they need revalving?

got any pics of your car rich???

i'm going to refurb these 172 alloys before fitting them - i'm stuck between gunmetal / anthracitey or white (my car is silver by the way)

what does it look liek with white on?

lift number 1 @ btm
definately go for kw! they will build a set that is sprung and valved to the weight and use of your car. i'm not so sure about the 888's either, i wrote a set off at castle coombe yesterday in 140 miles!

ah tidy job :) cheers mate.

deffo looking at anthracite or satin black :) sex on wheels!!!

re: the tyres i'm going to run the standard spec ones that are on there. no point buying a set of sexy toyos to ruin when i've got some ditchfinder specials fitted!!!

how much am i looking for the KW Variant 2 coilovers?

and how do they measure up to H&Rs in terms of reliability and performance?

Lionel Richie

Ol YS's fancy ally billies were good, no denying that........but only in one certain point of their adjustment range, thats the problem with monotubes......you shim up the valve system and its good right there. When i tweeked it softer it just became bouncy with no damper control, and wound it up and it was like having mop handles as dampers. They are more efficient dampers technically, but there is a reason why race teams re-valve the dampers for tracks and conditions.

"Best Handling clio of the day by far" quote from Peter Knivett, Track and Race car (setup by me too!:rasp: )

M2 Competition
R888's...

Soft tread, very little in the way of wet weather grip, and very hard sidewalls.

The hard sidewalls mean they tramline easily, which is a bit unnerving. Takes a while to get them up to temperature, near impossible to do this and get decent levels of grip in the wet/ winter. In the dry when you can get them up to temperature, they'll wear out very quickly.

Have you thought about paradas? Or at a price, yoko a048's?

"Best Handling clio of the day by far" quote from Peter Knivett, Track and Race car (setup by me too!:rasp: )

Only clio on the day......nay, only car.

Lionel Richie
again very good, ride height can't go as low (more of a looks thing, rather than a handling thing) but the damping is adjustable

Evo IX -06
i have variante 1. its awesome!
you can drop that low enough.

i can drop 30mm front and 10mm rear, but i dont. its faster now :)
110507_3.jpg