ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bimarco futras - for big men?

clio diesel
Anyone had or got these seats who is over 6ft tall?

I also have a big frame, ie wide shoulders. They look quite big seats, but am i likely to fit in them?

Also are the harness holes nice and high on the back?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Errrmmm.

Define big? I'm 6ft 5 and 18.5 stone with wide shoulders, and I can't get into the Bimarcos. I wanted the Bimarcos but both shoulders and hips struggled (hips went in, but far from comfortable). I also struggle with height of the harness holes from a safety perspective.

I went for Sparco Evo 3's in the end. Check my project thread for pictures;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?612638-Cub-s-Trackday-Flamer-Cage-etc

Seats appear on Post #41.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Shoulders were too high.

Whether it effected safety or not, I don't know. But it wasn't comfortable! I did 7hrs to Le Mans, then 7 hrs back in the Sparcos last year and I couldn't fault them.

clio diesel
Im not quite 18 stone though and only 6ft 1. I did look at the evo 2's though. I am concerned the harness holes wont be high enough.

WRX
I thought the Futura at 400 internal width, was the wide one. I'm a 34 waist and got the Expert which is 370 width and it's comfortable for me. The Dakar is the slim one at 350.

WRX
I think you'll be fine Chris, I think we're similar builds but I went for the Expert as I'd sat in one before and like the support it gave me. I was in two minds whether to go for the Futura but thought the Expert would make me have to stay slim to fit.

clio diesel
I think you'll be fine Chris, I think we're similar builds but I went for the Expert as I'd sat in one before and like the support it gave me. I was in two minds whether to go for the Futura but thought the Expert would make me have to stay slim to fit.

What is the main difference between the expert and the futuras?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Im not quite 18 stone though and only 6ft 1. I did look at the evo 2's though. I am concerned the harness holes wont be high enough.

I had the Evo 2 Plus in my previous car are being honest they will be too small for you. I was only 5ft 9" and 13 stone back then and they were perfect for me but if you are broad there is no way your shoulders would fit comfortably.

clio diesel
So if the fururas are 40 cm wide, why are people saying you need a 34 inch waist to fit in them? Am i missing something? there is a spare 6cm there.

Anyone else got any suggestions for seats suitable for taller wide shouldered people?

FormulaFord Ecoboost
So if the fururas are 40 cm wide, why are people saying you need a 34 inch waist to fit in them? Am i missing something? there is a spare 6cm there.

Anyone else got any suggestions for seats suitable for taller wide shouldered people?

You know the difference between inches and centimeters don't you? ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

You don't, I was a fat 38" and fitted, although I've now slimmed down to a 36" and there is a bit of room now.

I'm about 5ft 11" was 16 stone and fitted fine.

clio diesel
You know the difference between inches and centimeters don't you? ;)

A 34-36 inch waist is going to be 11 odd inches wide, plus add some of for clothes and comfort and lets call it 12-13 inched which is ~34 cm, and the seat is 40 cm. So i am right no? 6 cm spare? Am i going mad?

FormulaFord Ecoboost
A 34-36 inch waist is going to be 11 odd inches wide, plus add some of for clothes and comfort and lets call it 12-13 inched which is ~34 cm, and the seat is 40 cm. So i am right no? 6 cm spare? Am i going mad?
Ah, it was the comment about 34inch waist and a 40cm width seat followed by the question about 6cm spare. In that context it seemed like you were finding the 6cm from that (40cm minus 34inch) .... Which would have been silly :D

Lotus Elise
I have Bimaro Futras in my Cayman Race car and find them very comfortable even over long stints. I'm 6'2 btw but lanky. Demon Tweaks have a great range of seats in their showroom if you can get to them.

WRX
My mate fits in easily.

3BF24C78-632F-40A1-9B88-CC58CE24A60C_zpskz2zihxm.jpg

clio diesel
Ok i found some second hand corbeau pro series for sale and i went to sit in them and they fitted like a glove, so bought those.

Thanks for all the help.