ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Binding brakes - Clio 200

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Hi folks,

Wondering if you can let me know the main changes I would notice if my brakes are binding.

• I'm finding that there is a slight 'stickiness' when moving off from a static position (I've been parking with the handbrake barely raised and still noticing that 'unhinging' sound when moving off)
  • It also sounds like there is a 'whirring' type noise coming from the rear driver's side wheel when moving off initially
Do these sound like common issues that would come from the brakes binding?

Cheers

Has it been raining a lot and or the car stood for days at a time? As this can happen with a build up of surface rust. If not then you can check if a brake is binding by heat within the disc and calliper. There will be a noticeable difference in temp with a binding brake component. You can also jack up the car and spin the wheels to look for more friction on rotation of a wheel.

As above. There will be surface rust that will need to be cleared, thats the sound. Its been talked about but leave the handbrake off if you can, just leave it gear