ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bioshock Infinite

F82 M4
For all the people who haven't played the first one, it really is a must you know. It's honestly one of the greatest games of all time.

RB 182
Just discovered the boys of silence, which even after Christopher warned me, I still poo'd myself.

[SPOILER]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voo3f9FmDxo[/SPOILER]

Hahaha i know that feel man. i didn't understand them, that was what made them so scary.

For all the people who haven't played the first one, it really is a must you know. It's honestly one of the greatest games of all time.

agreed. i counted a couple a weeks ago, i have 27 save files.. all completed.

not sure if that's sad, or just dedicated. or both.

Titanium 182
Downloaded this, was alright. Not as good as 1 and 2 IMO. Glad I didn't buy it, completed it well fast too, finished it in two days!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sorry if this has been asked before but can I get away with playing this without playing the others first?

Evo 5 RS
Not played this, but I'd imagine so entirely. They don't seem to be linked in any way. I'd recommend you do at some point though, the original is brilliant.

What's that? Everyone thinks Bioshock Infinite is a sublime game that is getting 10s across the board? I'll do my best to make you think otherwise..

What a pathetic, nit-picking f**k. Good lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Changes to often
finished this the other day, easyly one of the best games ive played to date, the ending is a headf**k lol but wow what a game, played on pc in ultra and its beautiful!

Titanium 182
Am I the only person who saw the ending a mile off? :dapprove:

It's kind of a staple that bioshock games' endings will have a twist.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Am I the only person who saw the ending a mile off? :dapprove:

It's kind of a staple that bioshock games' endings will have a twist.

i haven't finished it yet, but everytime i think i've sussed the twist, something else appears that makes me change my mind.

just got to the wardens office at comstock house, only need 6 more sightseers and a handful of voxophones

RB 182
Would you kindly use spoiler tags if you say any more. ta
I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

Mito Sportiva 135
Well, got this the other day and have to say it's a brilliant game. I've only just met Elizabeth but the way the game starts and the level of detail in the world is amazing. The character design is also great and I'm intrigued how the story will develop.

Only weakness so far is you can't break bottles or anything when you shoot them!! Always a bugbear of mine.

Mito Sportiva 135
What a load of bull...he wasn't happy to accept a digital baptism, but would have been prepared presumably to commit hundreds of digital murders??? What a complete tool.

Mito Sportiva 135
Can't believe 200 pages on Black Ops 2 and only 3 for this masterpiece. No wonder the games industry is doomed.

#epicgame #overlooked

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've only just started this. About 2 hours in. That first melee weapon you pick up - interesting device. LOL.

Just got the Crow Infusion.

Mito Sportiva 135
I love the octopus one and upgraded to you can pull over 3 guys at a time. That in combo with a maxed out shotgun is awesome - can kill 3 guys with 1 shot. The return to sender one is good too when you upgrade to absorb enemy bullets.

Story is great too, it's been very unusual to be actually interested in the development in the same way you would be in a good film or book but keeping the game itself fun and challenging.

The interaction between De Wit and Elizabeth is great - quality voice acting and motion capture on the facial expressions.

Mito Sportiva 135
So I finished this last night and wow...the ending was like something out of a decent sci fi film, and left me thinking about what it all meant for a couple of hours afterwards.

Spoiler below for anyone else who has finished:

What do you think the significance of going to Rapture was? I couldn't work this bit out.

Spoiler below for anyone else who has finished:.

I think it was to show, imo of course, an alternative reality of the same situation.
Rapture is like 50 years after is it not? Looking at this, also in an alternate reality.

Eliz, is in a from the little sisters. Songbird the big Daddys'. You can relate Booker and Comstock to the characters too.

RB 182
I think it was to show, imo of course, an alternative reality of the same situation.
Rapture is like 50 years after is it not? Looking at this, also in an alternate reality.

Eliz, is in a from the little sisters. Songbird the big Daddys'. You can relate Booker and Comstock to the characters too.

BIG spoilers below, only look if you've finished the game. as with the quote above.

The point of it was, there's a million billion different outcomes to each and every decision we make.

Bookers decision to cleanse himself brought comstock out and in turn, lead to the whole bioshock infinite game.

But the point of showing rapture, was the fact that it isnt just booker that has a million billion different universes from his decisions, there's always a protagonist, theres always a girl to be rescued, there's always a bad guy.

It's all inevitable. but its what you do after realising this that matters!

This article in Forbes, which i think has already been linked, explains it great. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/03/27/an-attempt-to-understand-bioshock-infinites-brilliant-and-bizarre-ending/

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah this is true - to be honest though I couldn't remember the Bioshock twist so the whole Bioshock/Infinite parallels in terms of story were missed on me until I was reminded, just the obvious similarities between Elizabeth/little sisters, Columbia/Rapture, Salts/Eve and Songbird/Big Daddies.

Very clever though anyway - better than Lost!

RB 182
i want all of those things.

confused: are the 'make your own vigor' bottles actual bottles, or are they purely made of paper?