ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird cr@p has ruined my back bumper

Arctic Blue 182
Found a spatter of it on my back bumper Saturday morning, cleaned it off last night, and it's now left an irremovable mark. Tried polish, very light abrasive stuff my dad had. All to no effect.

Can't think of anything else to use, so it's looking like a respray.

Add to that, the fact someone threw a stone over our fence and hit my car on the drive, dinting (size of a 5p) my bonnet, which is also a now a £200 respray!

Had a great weekend! not.

I know it's frowned upon on here, but have you tried T- cut ? I had some massive stains on my bonnet once (not my current car) from bird mess, I t cutted it out, then polished the bonnet up etc.

GTD, Lupo
I wouldnt respray the bumper as there are other ways around it. Best bet might be to get some very fine wet and dry. Make sure it is nice and wet when you use it then follow up with a polish and a wax. If you are not confident enough to have a go yourself check out detailing world and see if any one will be willing to help in your local area. Might cost you about £60 but there are people out that that will help you out. Other bet is to try a body shop and see if they will mop the bumper for you. Mopping is normally quite cheap.

Paul

S4 Avant
Before I bought my car, it was sat in a salvage yard for god knows how long, during that time it had a lovely large specimen of bird crap on the roof which left a nice stain when I washed it off.

The stain came off though with some SRP and elbow grease, just need to put some more effort into it

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Before I bought my car, it was sat in a salvage yard for god knows how long, during that time it had a lovely large specimen of bird crap on the roof which left a nice stain when I washed it off.

The stain came off though with some SRP and elbow grease, just need to put some more effort into it

Same, there are loads of birds around here and they crap everywhere, got 90% of the marks off with a few layers of SRP.

Arctic Blue 182
I'm at work at the moment and waiting for my dad to get back to me about what he used on it last night. It wasn't wet & dry, but it was a very slightly abrasive paste. But we could see the more he used it the more harm it did to the paintwork and appeared to make the whole thing worse.

Tried AG SRP, Mer, the Meguiar's 3 stage system (again), only applied it to the whole car last week.

The stain really looks like it's eaten into the paint. It has kind of a broken up texture to it.

I've taken some pics quickly. It really doesn't look much from the photos, but the dark blotches inside the white circle I've used to highlight, just will not disappear. All the the gloss, lacquer has been taken off during the process of trying to get rid of the dark marks.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 78
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 74