ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of advice guys

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking at this Clio DCi:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201221472498771/usedcars?logcode=visc

Just rang them up (the garage), and asked some questions.

All HPI clear, fresh certificate available.
FSH - 5 stamps. Seems to have been to the dealer for the first 2, then an independant for the next 2, and then the dealer again for the last service. last service was at about 42000 miles.
Cambelt - not been done. So as it's 5 years old, it's due one I believe (5 yrs or 72k miles).
MOT and Tax till Feb next year.

I'm hoping I can go and knock them down on price, especially seeing as it's due a service and cambelt.

What do you guys think?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, further to the comment on the cambelt. It's not the above, it's actually 96k miles or 6 years!

Seems quite a long time to me?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Ask them if they will do Cam belt and pump and service included in the price. If not tell them you want that amount, around 250-300 for Can belt and full service.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
Looking at this Clio DCi:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201221472498771/usedcars?logcode=visc

Just rang them up (the garage), and asked some questions.

All HPI clear, fresh certificate available.
FSH - 5 stamps. Seems to have been to the dealer for the first 2, then an independant for the next 2, and then the dealer again for the last service. last service was at about 42000 miles.
Cambelt - not been done. So as it's 5 years old, it's due one I believe (5 yrs or 72k miles).
MOT and Tax till Feb next year.

I'm hoping I can go and knock them down on price, especially seeing as it's due a service and cambelt.

What do you guys think?

well overpriced that, turnup with 4k cash/ cheque/ arranged loan etc... if not less (£3.7k), as there's another 174 on autotrader and probably another 100 on ebay + 100 in other places and few private models shiftin for <4k. If u cant b arsed to haggle expect 12month if not longer warranty

:eek:possible:eek: mileage fiddle, as stated 60k miles on ad but true mileage is 62k frm speedo picture:nono: so tryin to get it under the 60k mileage bracket to make appear with the low milers sellin for more money makin there car worth > it really is:clown: common trick used by dealers of the mega high mileage/ thrashed fleet/ lease etc... cars e.g. 150k but state 15k in ad

Last edited: