ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of help + questions

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Was taking a few pics of my neice + nephew today. The thing i really struggled with was taking pic's of them running around indoors when they were doing stuff.
I used a fast shutter speed and i adjusted white balance. But the pics didnt look natural, or they were too dark. I just thought now that i should have put up the ISO a little. There is a party here on weds and i want to get them in their natural state so any help much apprec.

Need to ask a few more questions. But photobucket is playin up atm. Will post a few later

"Navy" N17 TWO
I found this too on most pics taken in "Program" mode. They would be too bright outddors and too dark indoors.

I adjusted the exposure +/- and found they came out better but I'm probably losing some detail somewhere maybe.

Someone on here will have a genius solution - we hope :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
ok i think i deleted them by accident, but help there would be noice

next questionz:

Apologies for the terrible pic of her. but the light from the window is bleached out. It was darkish on her face. How could i have improved it. The short time frame of them staying still didnt help tbh. I got the apertures wrong here i think as nothing is in focus!! May have left it on a wide aperture thinking about it now!!
CopyofDSC_0582.jpg

Here it was wuite dark in the kitchen so i used the flash but it looks like they were in complete darkness. Again what can i do to stop that?
Sorry if these questions are noobish but i havent really used the camera since i got it. Tryin me best!!

CopyofDSC_0575.jpg

CopyofDSC_0593.gif

Cupra
Try shooting in Manual.

Raise the ISO, use a slightly longer exposure and reduce the power of the flash.

If you only have the on camera flash, try sticking a piece of tissue paper over it to act as a diffuser. It will help reduce harsh shadows.

External flash matey, one you can bounce off the walls/ceiling. Mine is only the bottom of the range Nikon.

Although not a person, this was taken indoors with flash bouncing off ceiling:

28235206299a72db2a10bcd5.jpg

You get a much more natural looking light, and on board flashes are usually pretty poor and the results.. well.. you have had first hand!

Plus you can use a much faster shutter speed and lower iso.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
nice one, what about action shots indoors, fast shutter and wide aperture, med/high iso?

Cupra
The flash will help freeze the motion regardless of the shutter speed although you might get some trails from wall lights etc.

The longer shutter is just to let in some more ambient light to help light up the background etc.

Have a play and see how you get on.