ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of odd thing need some info G reg clio + GTT turbo lump

182FF Cup / Renault 5 GT
Hi guys. ive been looking for a Renault 5 GT turbo (shed) to do as a project car for a while. Now i sort of know someone who has got and old clio and is running a GT 5 engine in it.

But basicly today seen an old G reg clio RT i can have for nothing. ive also found a GT turbo lump and running gear.

Just woundering if anyone on here can supply with me some info. As to wether the engine fits in the normal mounting spots. someone said to me earlier today that you need the renault 5 sub frame just looking to see if there is any truth in this?

Any info greatly welcomed

Cheers Dave

They didn't make them on a G reg afaik? I thought the earliest was on a J-plate iirc, possibly an H...

Is it a private plate?

5GTT lump goes in pretty easily though, plenty have done it :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
dont waste you time trying to get a gtt subframe in, you only need to drill 1 hole in the clio one for it to fit. do a search tho been coverd a fair few times