ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit out of my depth here....

I took my new 182 to show my uncle who well into his cars, theres a red light flickering on and off by my speedo, he thinks there are wires touching somewhere and he said he would have a look for me if i got a wiring diagram? where can i get 1 of these from? thanks Abi x

1.2 16v
if you go to nearest renault dealer they should be able to print one off for you,if there any good!

Da

Less
I doubt very much Renault would give a wiring diagram out over the counter!

Yes they aren't easy to come by really, which light is it?

Clio 172 Cup
haynes manual has some diagrams but they may not be that helpfull as they only produce a manual for the small engined clio's

sorry, im not to good with cars, i know how to drive them, nothing else!! ive just phoned him now and he said he thinks its something to do with the key? he said any info on the wires behind the dashboard would be really helpfull

Da

Less
Sounds like an immobiliser issue, maybe the transponder ring? Is it the red light in the centre of the display?

Da

Less
Well the transponder ring is around the ignition barrel, it picks up the signal from the key.
As for diagrams I can't help you there sorry, I've never even seen one :rasp:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
arhh, i bet u its the low brake fluid warning light. top up the brake fluid. search the forum. is it the handbrake light, cos it could also be a loose switch. most likely low brake fluid - very common warning light

Formally Clio 182
If its right in the middle of the dials, then its the immobiliser light so nothing to worry about.

If its right in the middle of the dials, then its the immobiliser light so nothing to worry about.

i said to him is it important, and he said yes if u dont want your new 182 to catch fire!! so i really dont want that to happen, so if anyone finds a wiring diagram please please PM it to me, cos i dont want to die!!!

Maz

LY 200
WTF thats a bit harsh.

Why don't you just nip into your local dealership they will know right away what it is or they should.

Da

Less
Catch fire!!?? Hmm...sound ominous! lol!

Seriously though if it's the transponder ring I'd take it back to Renault to be honest.

ive just phoned him now and he said he knows what it is, its the imobiliser and he needs the diagram to 'chase'? the wire that he thinks it is, and i havent got money to take it to a renault garage, i spent it all on the car:(

ive just phoned him now and he said he knows what it is, its the imobiliser and he needs the diagram to 'chase'? the wire that he thinks it is, and i havent got money to take it to a renault garage, i spent it all on the car:(

Hows old the 182, is it still under warranty?

Book it in ASAP.

No offence but you're trying to explain something you dont understand to someone over the phone, whom you in your position of 0 knowledge appears to know what they are talking about. Plenty of blokes "know" about cars or rival the BBC's team of sports pundits down the pub talking about footy but most know the square root of f**k all on either subject.

As has been said the flickering which you have said seems to be affected by corners is most likely down to fluid level or pad/disk wear but to get a decent answer you need to go out to the car drive it (get someone else if needs be to look and see exactly what is flashing so you dont crash) then come back and tell us if it's just a circular led or an icon/warning light thats flashing. The handbook for the car will give a diagram explaining exactly what each symbol/warning light on the dash means.

No offence but you're trying to explain something you dont understand to someone over the phone, whom you in your position of 0 knowledge appears to know what they are talking about. Plenty of blokes "know" about cars or rival the BBC's team of sports pundits down the pub talking about footy but most know the square root of f**k all on either subject.

As has been said the flickering which you have said seems to be affected by corners is most likely down to fluid level or pad/disk wear but to get a decent answer you need to go out to the car drive it (get someone else if needs be to look and see exactly what is flashing so you dont crash) then come back and tell us if it's just a circular led or an icon/warning light thats flashing. The handbook for the car will give a diagram explaining exactly what each symbol/warning light on the dash means.

listen i know i dont know an awefull lot about cars but i know its not a circular light, its the immobiliser light!! we have checked and my uncle is confident, please if any1 can get us a wiring diagram for the 182 it would be of great help

no its not under warranty, i bought it second hand, i cant afford to take it to renault and i know i dont know much about cars, but i jus wanna cry now, 1 person is telling me to get the diagram and thats all i need, orrrrr nevermind i cant do this no mo, thanks guys abi x

Da

Less
Yes I appreciate you bought it second hand but is it not still under the three year manufacturers warranty as supplied from Renault? What age is the car?

Where are you in the UK?

The immobiliser is in the ecu, it goes through the uch, to the decoder ring and back. what you describe doesnt sound like the immobiliser light at all.

as for taking the dash out to chase the wiring. good luck. the wiring on these cars is a pain in the arse, trust me im doing one as we speak.

Maz

LY 200
As Daz said no matter if you buy the car second, third or forth hand they come with 3 years renault warranty, mine is a 54 plate and it doesn't run out until November this year so im guessing yours will still be under warranty too unless its an early 04 ?

Take it to Renault at least they know the cars.

VaVa
What use is a wiring diagram going to be?!! It's not like old car wiring what with multiplexed looms and such like, The chances of touching wires making a light come on your dash are pretty slim tbh - You'd be better off with a laptop!!!

My money is on worn discs = reduction in brake fluid level in resovoir = low level switch becoming uncovered.

If it is a broken wire it'll be a b**ch to find.

Can you not give us more info on which light is flashing? "red light on the speedo" isn't much use!