ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit Pissed Off... Advise needed. PAS Pipe issue

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
So After having to wait ages for my replacement PAS pipe to come (it got lost by Yodel in transit), I am greeted with a rusty pipe that looks to be in worse condition than my old one!! I explicitly asked the seller if it was in good condition!!! f**king ebay. Anyway, to the point - is it even worth me fitting this?!

IMG_20141205_152120.jpg
IMG_20141205_152108.jpg

Megane 225 f1
Only looks like surface rust to me. Clean it up with a wire wheel on a drill or a wire brush or failing that a bit of emery cloth. Could even do that and give it a lick of paint.

dan's cast offs.
you think that's bad, someone sent me a door wrapped in a bin bag!!!!

what pipe do you need? got a few here, if i've got one you can have it.

Megane 225 f1
2 options buy a new one at a stupid price or clean it up and see how bad it actually is. What's worse, the one on your car or that one? Personally i would be cleaning it up.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
2 options buy a new one at a stupid price or clean it up and see how bad it actually is. What's worse, the one on your car or that one? Personally i would be cleaning it up.
Do you know how much of a pain in the ass these are to fit.
Also if it let's go it will piss PAS fluid all over he's engine bay as its the high pressure pipe.

Megane 225 f1
Do you know how much of a pain in the ass these are to fit.
Also if it let's go it will piss PAS fluid all over he's engine bay as its the high pressure pipe.

They aren't that bad iv'e done a couple. Ever fitted the high pressure pipe on a v6? That's a pain in the ass. The p.a.s system isn't under that much pressure. At the end of the day its up to the op weather he fits it or not, he's asked for advice and iv'e given mine.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thanks for the input everyone :) I have painted it with yellow hammerite now and will be fitting it tomorrow. I will get my original one repaired in the meantime and fit it back in the summer when doing things like this i actually fun lol. thanks again :)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Complete rubbish, bin it. I'd be comparing prices for new from Pirtek (who might make one up for you) and from Adam at Renault Wolvo. That's going to go west just like the old one, waste of time fitting it.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Complete rubbish, bin it. I'd be comparing prices for new from Pirtek (who might make one up for you) and from Adam at Renault Wolvo. That's going to go west just like the old one, waste of time fitting it.
To late now its fitted. It only needs to last 6 months, fingers crossed it will be OK.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
it'll easy last 6 months, its just shallow pitting and the rest will clean up fine, most cars on the road will be of similar condition, no harm in getting a new one made from pirtek though