ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v

Clio 1.2 16V
I did put up a thread before but it was before i passed my test and before i had any money to really invest in the car so I'm going to start again as there are still things I want to do and i would like opinions on what else to do. I'm going for a clean look but i still want the car to look different to every other black Clio.
Here is how she looks at the moment...
20130907_171554_zpse9038f57.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130529_200958_zpse5410a37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130819_212436_zps698a95dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130819_212503_zps9e19782f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130530_143635_zps0ff1eadd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Open to any suggestions thanks :)
Phoenix

Looks good!

Not a fan of the exhaust mind :p

Id say spacers and maybe some white/polished alloys & stretched tyres. how much have you lowered it by?

Clio 1.2 16V
Yeah the exhaust does stick out a bit too much for my liking as well It was already fitted when i got the car so didn't see the point in changing haha.
Its lowered 60mm on coil overs and i was thinking of some new alloys but after a clean i like the 172 alloys in black. I may change them but if I do it will be when i'm due some new tyres.
I'm also looking at colour coding the side strips and bumpers.
Thanks for the advice! :)

Yeah the black alloys do look good! I would definately look into spacers though, i want some aha :p

Colour coding is always a good choice, makes the car look alot cleaner :)

Clio 1.2 16V
What do you mean by spacers sorry if that's a dumb question haha but I've always had motorbikes this is my first car.

Arctic 182FF
What do you mean by spacers sorry if that's a dumb question haha but I've always had motorbikes this is my first car.

Spacers are essentially metal shims that you put between the wheels and the hubs, they allow the wheels to sit further out, giving your car a wider track. Which will make it look better and make it handle ever so slightly better, but I don't imagine you'll notice a different on a car such as ours.

If I was you I'd get spacers all around (about 15-20mm each corner personally), get rid of the exhaust, get a 172 rear bumper, get an RS grill, colour code, lose the tints and turn your foglights off ;)

Clio 1.2 16V
I thought it may be that just didn't want to look stupid haha yeah I will look into getting some of them then. Is the black on the 172 the same as the 1.2 and in talks with someone over a rs grill at the moment. I havent got the standard exhaust so im going to have to put some money aside for one. Thanks for the advice :)
oh and the foglights are off ;)

If you like having a noisy exhaust etc you could always put some money aside for a nice looking one, and cut it into your bumper. would look alot smarter :)

Clio 1.2 16V
Yeah once i get the 172 bumper i'll decide on if i'm going to go standard or not I want one that sounds nice but not stupid if you know what i mean :)