ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 Clio, First project, looking for ideas and tips

Black Clio 1.182
Bought my clio extreme 04 plate for £1300 a few months ago, quite a good price considering it had a full years mot and tax and had only done 54k.

Since then I have bought 16inch BK alloys and had them professionably refurbed in smoked chrome and bought brand new nankang ns-2 tyres, all in in they set me back just under £500.

Also bought a custom 182 style exhaust, cost me £240. Made by Simons Custom Exhausts. The guy is a genius haha. Sounds amazing but the only problem is when your on motorways or doing over 60/70 for a long period the exhaust is a bit annoying because its only a 1.2.

I have also added a RS grille and new RS RenaultSport badge instead of the clio badge. (just covers the holes left by the clio badge)

Installed an 6K HID kit last week, makes such a difference! Took my sidelights out because the super white xenon against a sidelight looks s**t.

Painted my brake callipers gloss red and drums black, ps hate when I see coloured brake drums - looks ridiculous.

I have carbon wrapped the bullets but i think i am going to spray them to match my wheels.

I have carbon wrapped some parts of the interior - gearstick insert and silver strip things.

Also have a clio sport front bumper on the way, will need painted black though as it is blue :(

Future mods im considering are;
lowering 35mm
induction kit or just an air filter (not sure if its worth the hassle and money)
smoked rear tints.

Cheers

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
£1300 is a bargain! Get some photos up, plans sound good, just don't smoke or tint anything! You'd be better off leaving the lowering springs for now too and save up a bit for those £170 Rokkor coilovers off ebay!

clio mk 2 5 door
I've got a k&n air filter and apart from
The sound there's no other real benefits. You might get 1bhp extra so not worth it. Does look sick thou when you open the bonnet and there's a nice k&n in there though

Black Clio 1.182
Car2.jpgcar1.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
looks good mate similiar exhaust to mine but iv got the ktec version, deffinatly needs lowering but your plans sound good

Black Clio 1.182
pics were taken just before i washed it btw, waxed and polished today. Would of been to dark by the time i had finished washing it. The lights colour looks a bit different in the photos, there superwhite with a hint of blur in person though.

Black Clio 1.182
£1300 is a bargain! Get some photos up, plans sound good, just don't smoke or tint anything! You'd be better off leaving the lowering springs for now too and save up a bit for those £170 Rokkor coilovers off ebay!

I like smoked tints though especially on black cars lol, had a look at those coilovers couldnt see any for clio 1.2's :/

Black Clio 1.182
looks good mate similiar exhaust to mine but iv got the ktec version, deffinatly needs lowering but your plans sound good

I love the exhaust man :D but aye definetly getting lowered soon, was thinking about a sport rear bumper but didnt think there was any point.

Black Clio 1.182
Also I recently bought a sport front bumper off ebay, got it cheap and theres two problems its blue and has a slight crack on the registration plate bit. I was thinking of just sanding/repairing possibly priming myself and then giving it to a bodyshop to spray. anyone any idea on how much it would cost to get a respray, and how hard is it to prep a bumper?

Black Clio 1.182
I hate it :( makes the front end of the car look so stock/standard. But thats just my opinion.

Black Clio 1.182
I like the colour coding

it was one thing i definetly wanted when i was looking for my first car, full colour coded bumpers etc. Makes a car look 10 times better. Only thing not really done that annoys me slightly is the door handles. Cant really notice them tbh

White mx5 mk1!
I'm assuming you got the front wings from a sport aswell or the front bumper won't fit without some buggering about? Looks good tho.

Black Clio 1.182
I'm assuming you got the front wings from a sport aswell or the front bumper won't fit without some buggering about? Looks good tho.

Nope i didnt get the front wings :/ but I know it sticks out on one side a bit but i have seen people sanding the bumper down slightly so it sits flush with the wing. Shouldnt be to much hassle if I spend a weekend preping it for painting. Hopefully it works out.

Black Clio 1.182
Does anyone know how to fit hid's properly with the rubber backing sitting properly without all the wires hanging out? My wires are all over the place and im worried incase my headlights start to mist up :(

Also can anyone suggest any springs or coilovers? Not wanting to spend to much

mate do you have a number for simon i popped down not long ago but he wasnt in and the other guys didnt seem keen on giving a quote on a custom without him there cheers

Black Clio 1.182
i got these springs fitted by ktec and apart from a slightly more hard ride, i love em. not to low and pretty cheap.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_prod...id=247&appid=4

car looks good mate, your exhuast would look good with a 182 rear bumper :)

cheers mate :) They look pretty good, good price too for k-tec. How much did it cost you to fit them? And I know it would look good but IMO once its lowered I dont think the 182 bumper would look much different. Trying to spend as little as possible as ive spent alot already haha

Black Clio 1.182
mate do you have a number for simon i popped down not long ago but he wasnt in and the other guys didnt seem keen on giving a quote on a custom without him there cheers

I had a look for his card there but couldnt find it :( What you looking to get done? Mines was 240 but its not usually that much, its only because he had to work around the spare wheel hub to make it like the 182 twin exit. I'll try get a picture of underneath the car to show you what i mean. But my pals got a sxi astra and he got a vxr style centre exit exhaust and it was only 160. Just depends really. Oh and if you want your centre section done aswell its 120.

crashed clio
cheers mate :) They look pretty good, good price too for k-tec. How much did it cost you to fit them? And I know it would look good but IMO once its lowered I dont think the 182 bumper would look much different. Trying to spend as little as possible as ive spent alot already haha

it werent that much more to get it fitted (there is a workshop calculator thing on their website) and of course their service was proper good and was fitted in 1hr
pic of ride height:
IMG040-1.gif

DSC_1532.jpg

Black Clio 1.182
it werent that much more to get it fitted (there is a workshop calculator thing on their website) and of course their service was proper good and was fitted in 1hr
pic of ride height:
IMG040-1.gif

DSC_1532.jpg

That looks quality! Just the height i would be looking for :) Cheers

Not really sure to be honest maybe best to pop down again try and catch him cheers :)
I had a look for his card there but couldnt find it :( What you looking to get done? Mines was 240 but its not usually that much, its only because he had to work around the spare wheel hub to make it like the 182 twin exit. I'll try get a picture of underneath the car to show you what i mean. But my pals got a sxi astra and he got a vxr style centre exit exhaust and it was only 160. Just depends really. Oh and if you want your centre section done aswell its 120.