ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 Dynamique - 182 replica

AB 182 w/Recaros
Finally time to post my (pretty much) finished first car!
Bought it about 2 months ago with 55k on the clock, 1 owner from new for a very decent price (had to travel from Kent to Cardiff to get it though :boring:)
Here it is standard on day of purchase:
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Dont really know where to start! First thing we bought i think was the renaultsport interior to get rid of that nasty standard stuff:
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Also got the doorcards and changed plastic door handles to metallic ones but forgot to take pics :eek:

next up a couple of minor changes to tidy things up, nice clean plates ordered and black side indicators (obviously they flash yellow)
IMG_0012.jpg

Magnetic tax disc:
IMG_0019.jpg

Now things get interesting.. first thing i bought was a 172 bumper (cant have 182 due to the twin exhausts):
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Next up comes the 182 front bumper (my personal favourite bit)
IMG_0010.jpg

Then the 182 wings to accommodate the new bumper:
IMG_0024.jpg

Fitting:
IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Both added on (front is also lowered in these pics, springs went on about here too but no pictures)
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Plastic sprayed on the side and 16v sprayed black along with it:
IMG_0034.jpg

Sniffing the floor (just the front lowered)
IMG_0028.jpg

Back lowered:
IMG_0031.jpg

Next up - the skirts (with the man himself in action)
IMG_0032.jpg

Skirts fitted (also swapped plastic door handles for proper ones)
IMG_0033.jpg

So as you can see, only need some wheels! picked up these pretty cheap:
IMG_0036.jpg

Here it is with them thrown straight on:
IMG_0037.jpg

They were a bit battered, so we sorted them out and made them look 5x better:
IMG_0040.jpg

Centre caps:
IMG_0039.jpg

Finished wheels:
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Looked a bit lost in the new arches, so got some spacers!
IMG_0043.jpg

Still waiting for my back spacers, so this is the finished product at the moment!
IMG_0046.jpg

Next to a 182 at work:
IMG_0044.jpg

And thats about it! not really sure what else the car can have done really im really really happy with how its turned out!
Trying to keep it cool and not chavvy, no big exhaust, no angel eyes. I do have a sound system but its not wired up yet and have no intentions of blasting music while driving it, just got all this free so couldn't really say no!
IMG_0598.jpg

Thanks for looking!!:rasp:

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
hi and welcome :)

spacers next? and 172/182/turnini/2118 alloys instead of those? and a cup spoiler :p

apart from that, its a brilliant car mate. kudos to you :)

and he was on about the thread title :p

AB 182 w/Recaros
thanks guys! yeah thinking about it its nothing like a 182 replica, apart from the front. shame i cant change thread name. to be honest im not sure what it is its a bit of everything. the 182 rear bumper was a definite no because of those beasty twin exhausts - and the wheels are only for the time being.. all 4 of those including tyres and the re-spray (did at home) only set me back the best part of £140.

AB 182 w/Recaros
no XD as you can see above when i got the bumper it was silver - we rubbed it down patched it up and got it re-sprayed the same paint code of my car, the paintwork is still nice on the car despite it being an 02, so there is no difference between the two :)

no XD as you can see above when i got the bumper it was silver - we rubbed it down patched it up and got it re-sprayed the same paint code of my car, the paintwork is still nice on the car despite it being an 02, so there is no difference between the two :)

sorry, been up since 6am today... missed that pic aha :p

what about the wings? they off a 172? or did you paint those too?

AB 182 w/Recaros
they were advertised as 182 wings but looking into it they look similar to 172.. not sure :S
These came black when i bought them - same colour code as my car luckily :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Arn't the fronts and sides the same on 172's and 182's its only the rear end thats different?

Good work though its looking great other than the wheels!

AB 182 w/Recaros
feel like a right tit now as looking into it they are.. :lolup: anyway thanks for the feedback, wheels are really tough to choose though! i was originally going to get team dynamics prorace 1.2's until i saw these pop up cheap which for the price were close enough for me. Personally i'm a big fan of multi spoke rims on clios.

AB 182 w/Recaros
I fitted a 182 rear bumper to my old car ;)

I had the exhaust holes filled in though lol

had the option to fill exhaust holes then just went for 172 one as it popped up - don't have an exhaust visible from the back on mine but i think it looks pretty neat as i have no plans to put a bigger one on it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol I was only being silly. The only reason I bought the 182 one was because it was cheap and local. Couldn't find a 172 bumper.

its a very nice car though mate.

id definately recommend renaultsport alloy wheels, keep it OEM looking :)

AB 182 w/Recaros
Lol I was only being silly. The only reason I bought the 182 one was because it was cheap and local. Couldn't find a 172 bumper.

its a very nice car though mate.

id definately recommend renaultsport alloy wheels, keep it OEM looking :)

haha thanks mate, will look into it when pay day comes around!:D

Yup, it just bent around behind the bumper. Spot on. Got it from Prospeed in Cardiff! Ended up selling it in the end when I broke the car for spares.

AB 182 w/Recaros
car is from cardiff - wish i knew coulda picked one up over there! shame man looks like a beasty 1.2.. i suppose i wouldn't want it though if i could have a sport XD

It died in the end so I had to get rid. 7 cars later and I've got the Trophy.

This one looks brilliant on the coilovers :) have you got any more plans for it?

AB 182 w/Recaros
haha very nice!
Well got my rear spacers and carbon fibre splitter to come.. Different wheels are on the cards too now especially after the comments - i must be the only one who see's nice in them XD
debating carbon fibre taping the centre piece and dash strip inside.. not sure on that though cant decide if its tacky :/ any suggestions?

It looks good if you use the proper 3M stuff, I've done it on mine and it transforms the look of the dash :) I'll say I'm not a massive fan of the wheels but if you like them then leave them on!

AB 182 w/Recaros
wheels were only cheap so they will do for now - the originals just looked lost especially with the coilovers on haha.
not really any major plans left for it now. With uni approaching i could do with saving some money but i'm sure if something pops up il be on it haha

Apparently they don't line up with the 182 standard bumper cutouts. My custom one was around that price and I got to choose everything from the tailpipes to the noise :approve:

Now that he has a 172 bumper, he could fit that exhaust and make the right cutouts for it.

Does seem a bit silly though to make a "182 look" exhaust, that isn't the same as a 182.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
rice. am i only one that thinks its embarrasing having a 1.2 that looks like an rs its something its not people will laugh when you pull away at the lights?

rice. am i only one that thinks its embarrasing having a 1.2 that looks like an rs its something its not people will laugh when you pull away at the lights?
Why does an RS have to accelerate from lights like a lunatic? Having a 1.2 that looks better than all other 1.2s is awesome. Stands out from the crowd and makes it look miles better. It's not trying to be something else (unless you put 2.0 16v bullets on it like a tool).

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
Why does an RS have to accelerate from lights like a lunatic? Having a 1.2 that looks better than all other 1.2s is awesome. Stands out from the crowd and makes it look miles better. It's not trying to be something else (unless you put 2.0 16v bullets on it like a tool).
thats what i was thinking like a rs badge and 2.0 16 v badge. you got to pick up some hot girl and she's like this car looks fast. 'sorry its s**t ' lol

Clio Extreme 1.2
thats what i was thinking like a rs badge and 2.0 16 v badge. you got to pick up some hot girl and she's like this car looks fast. 'sorry its s**t ' lol

Everything wrong with the world, girl's don't care what you do with your clio, maybe chavvy rats do but actual girls you'd want to get in bed don't care.

Nice car mate, I'm from Cardiff area, wish I saw this first. :(
Not a fan of the wheels but it's your chocie. :)