ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 Dynamique - 182 replica

AB 182 w/Recaros
Everything wrong with the world, girl's don't care what you do with your clio, maybe chavvy rats do but actual girls you'd want to get in bed don't care.

Nice car mate, I'm from Cardiff area, wish I saw this first. :(
Not a fan of the wheels but it's your chocie. :)

haha! i agree my girlfriend didn't really approve of this kit as it was!!

Arctic 182FF
Sorry mate but not a fan of sport replicas. To my way of thinking they are just for people with no imagination. Sure put on some bit from a sport, that's alright. But surely you don't think that the way Renault thought the best clios should look are spot on? Surely there's something you would have done differently? Just make it look how you want it to look.

P.S. if you put 2.0 16v bullets and an RS badge on you'd be a tool and look like an idiot on a daily basis: someone spots the drum brakes=you look stupid. You try to accelerate hard=you look stupid. You try to convince anyone it's a 1*2=you look stupid.

Sorry mate but not a fan of sport replicas. To my way of thinking they are just for people with no imagination. Sure put on some bit from a sport, that's alright. But surely you don't think that the way Renault thought the best clios should look are spot on? Surely there's something you would have done differently? Just make it look how you want it to look.

P.S. if you put 2.0 16v bullets and an RS badge on you'd be a tool and look like an idiot on a daily basis: someone spots the drum brakes=you look stupid. You try to accelerate hard=you look stupid. You try to convince anyone it's a 1*2=you look stupid.
To be honest, nobody cares. It's his car and he can do what he wants with it.

Arctic 182FF
To be honest, nobody cares. It's his car and he can do what he wants with it.
I wasn't debating that, just suggesting that he gets it to look how he wants it to rather than how Renault wanted it to. If they happen to be exactly the same then by all means go for it. Think I may have struck a nerve there since you used to own a 182 rep? Didn't mean to offend; I may have worded my last post poorly. Sport replicas usually look awesome, it's just if you try to pretend it's something that it's not that's when it becomes silly.

I wasn't debating that, just suggesting that he gets it to look how he wants it to rather than how Renault wanted it to. If they happen to be exactly the same then by all means go for it. Think I may have struck a nerve there since you used to own a 182 rep? Didn't mean to offend; I may have worded my last post poorly. Sport replicas usually look awesome, it's just if you try to pretend it's something that it's not that's when it becomes silly.
It was a hardly a replica I used to own - fluorescent yellow Megane 17" wheels and coilovers on it's arse.

Surely if the lad is putting all these parts on it then that's how he wants it to look! I get what you're saying though - I wouldn't choose 182 wheels for example and I would change things around.

work for BMW

stupidest comment ever.. Sport reps are for people with no imagination ? Lol..

Low and Slow 1.4 16v

I know I'm going to get slated for this but I do kinda agree with the sport reps are for people with no imagination comment. Although they do look smart when done right I don't see the point in making a sport rep. Why not do something different, then buy a sport when you can afford to run one.

It's your car though so you can ignore me if you like, just my opinion.

AB 182 w/Recaros
Not got round to posting this, got my carbon fibre splitter and rear spacers finally so this is the car pretty much complete now :) might look into new wheels but with the MOT just passed requiring 4 new tyres and a few other bits not looking to spend to much more on her for the time being.
IMG_0050.jpg
Had to bring the suspension up a bit due to wheel rubbing because of the spacers when i have a lot of weight in the car (2 passengers). Ideally i wouldn't take more than 1 passenger but being the only driver in a football team that is easier said than done :/
Still looks low in comparison to this local (b*****d) speedbump.
IMG_0051.jpg

Also got a personalised plated which registered yesterday so got that on :)
IMG_0049.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 38
  AB 182 w/Recaros
In reply to a few of the comments i'm not trying to make it a car its not, i bought a clio because i like how they look and i stand by that after owning mine and working on it for half a year. I don't pull away from lights like a tool nor do i want people to think its a real 182. I just think 182's look cool and this is as close as i will get. It is my own car and i would challenge anyone who says it has no imagination behind it to find one that even looks similar. If i wanted a car to race around like a tool i would of got a 1.4 Corsa twinport for the same money.

Accidentally posted a picture of one of my wings in the last post as well ignore that.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 dynamique
I'm doing the same with my Clio Dynamique, Just to confirm all I need for the front is the bumper and 182 Wings?
Just as an Idea you can spray the grill a glossy black, MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! and some Angel eyes.

Bumper and wings yes. The sideskirts fit into the wings though so may look strange without the skirts.