ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 172

On the weekend im going to view a 2003 Black 172 with 20k on the clock. Its an import and i just want your opinions on what you think its worth?? Its in immaculate condition so the owner says(private sale). With me being 21 the insurance is about £1500 which is steep so i need the best deal possible on the car. The car is priced at £8999. It only came with one key when the owner bought it, it has no alarm as its an import and it was pre-registered so i would be the 3rd owner. Any advice would be much appriciated.

Cheers

Matt

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Personally wouldnt worry about it being an import - as long as it EU warranty will be OK etc.. However, its overpriced ... theyd have paid less with it being pre-reg import and that should show thru to what you pay!

It does have EU warrenty until Feb 2006. What do you think a fair price would be?? I reckon i could get it for £8400.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

^^^^ yeah but cups are tooooooo basic imo!! if your paying that sorta money you want all the extras!

Id say that is well over priced! If you can get the price near £8000 id go for it!

Do you think £8k is about right? To be honest i would rather a normal 172 to the cup as i like all the toys etc, i just dont want to pay more than i have to for one. On the AA site it says an 03 172 with 20k is worth approx £8500 in good condition and thats based on a UK car. How much less do you think an import should go for??

Thanks for the advice guys

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

ive just brought a uk 172 cup, fsh on a 52 plate for 7500, with 30000, so id say that 172 is abit steep mate

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Well theyll have probably paid £0.5-1k less than a cheap UK car. So reckon £8k is about right. Armed with the AA figure plus the fact that its an import, reckon youre well set to tell them why £8999 is the wrong answer ;)

Plenty of them around mate especially with people upgrading to 182s, so if they wont drop then find a different one to buy!

I have been looking on Autotrader and there are no bargains going. I dont mind paying a touch more if i find an immculate 172 but not much more. I have always fancied a black 172 but there doesnt seem many for sale at all at the moment. Anyone seen any??

I bought my 54 plate black imported 172 off a fellow forum member 3 months ago. 8000miles Clifford concept 500 + g5 accessories for £9000 cash. So id say that the way the 2nd hand market is right now, the abundance of 2nd hand 172/182/cups out there, you should offer 8k. Especially with that mileage.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

ask him matey and find out!!!!!

Black show the Dirt/Scratches/stonechips!!

Go for an iceberg silver...............mmmm

renaultsport clio 182

nice but extra work to get like that,mines odyssey blue never dries up right nice when washed shammy out etc etc !!! dark colours eh,look better when cleaned up right,i reckon silver is easy to clean hence no shammy.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

but ian how many times was the car seriously that clean lol......

silver cars look clean when theyre dirty lol...

A mint silver or black one would do. I just want one as new as possible which is in immaculate condition. Everything seems pretty steep on Autotrader at the moment especially for this time of year. If anyone spots a mint one colud you let me know please :)

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

lol and thats when clio172boy owned it lmao!!

Looks mint mate - im glad i went for black!

Pete

Quote: Originally posted by MattR172 on 14 December 2004
Thats what i want mate, looks stunning. Where can i find one of these??

THERES A BEAUTIFUL ONE ON MY DRIVE!! LOL!

Sadly, not for sale!!!

Hi guys, just to let you know, i went to see the black 172 (private sale)yesterday and bought it. It is a Feb 2003 model with 19.5k on the clock and it was immaculate. It was priced at £8999 which was well over priced but I managed to get it for £8300 which i think is a fair price because the car is like brand new inside and out. I HPI checked it just for peace of mind and it came out fine. Im picking it up 2moro after work and i cant wait. Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice.

Cheers

Matt

Mini Cooper S sport

I think that sounds about right - congrats, and hope you enjoy it! Yours is identical to mine - mines a black March 03 import (think Ive said that already!?).

Has it got an alarm? If not, get one fitted asap!

Yeah im gona get one fitted asap. Did you get one fitted mate or was there already one on yours? If so what price are they from Renault??

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by MattR172 on 19 December 2004

Yeah im gona get one fitted asap. Did you get one fitted mate or was there already one on yours? If so what price are they from Renault??
I got it factory fitted by an alarm company in Portsmouth. You should already have the immobiliser, so what I got was a 2-1 upgrade. Its a Cobra alarm, but I didnt get the tilt or proximity sensors as I dont want it going off in the street. It cost me £200 to get fitted. I dont know what Renault charge, sorry.