ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black, anthracite or silver?

what colour?

• silver

Votes: 41 8.3%
  • anthracite

Votes: 280 56.5%
  • gloss black

Votes: 175 35.3%

• Total voters

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Ok, i personally want gloss black like on this picture as these are the standard wheels re-done:

Picture031-1.gif

but my 197 is nimbus not red... the only pics i can find of the three options are :

1. standard, silver:

197004.jpg

2. anthracite:

1976.jpg

3. gloss black (these are speedlines but you get the idea):

SP_A0009.jpg

i'm liking the gloss black, i just think the anthracite on a standard 197 doesn't look as cool as say the F1... hmmm thoughts? or other suggestions?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmmm... i thought of something a bit more original than red for calipers... i imagine it will take sometime to decide on what to do...

plus i kinda like a gloss at present... a graphite grey gloss?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmmm i don't think white on nimbus would look too good? looks cool on RB, black and the other solid colours though.

colours for calipers? kawasaki green? orange? or boring red? ;) thoughts?

Fiat Punto GT
hmmm i don't think white on nimbus would look too good? looks cool on RB, black and the other solid colours though.

colours for calipers? kawasaki green? orange? or boring red? ;) thoughts?

You got a pic of your car? I'm sure someone can shop it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've had some PS stuff done, but i thought i'd try and find three pics to show them in real life as per this thread really...

i could understand them looking a bit poverty if they where matt black, but gloss should look smart and shiny imo.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
shut it you ;) you are hardly one to criticise :D i am being needy today. :D

do you want to come and paint my arches for me?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
how come everyone is so keen on anthracite? reasons please! :D

plus what about the calipers? what colour? pink, brown, yellow, indigo, red, green etc?

try and talk me out of gloss black.

mk2 slow. . .
go for a ford graphite grey, its darker than anthracite, but yet isnt black, would suit that car to the ground and as said red calipers.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
got a pic ryan?

a mate suggested gloss black with a silver lip...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'd go for really dark anthracite, but gloss black on that red one does look good... I have normal F1 anthracite and I love it :) But one thing for sure... REALLY NOT white! White would just look wrong!

Mini Cooper S sport
I went with the masses as it turned out and voted anthracite. They just look the best. The silver doesn't match, and with the black you lose the detail of the wheels.

OK anthacite doesn't match as such, but it goes with nimbus far better and you can see the spokes and calipers clearly, unlike with black.

megane r26 wheels in gloss black (1 inch bigger as well) or even normal R26 wheels - they need to be bigger though either way imo