ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black front grill spraying

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed today that the front grills either side of the Renault badge are more of a grey colour whereas the lower grill is black.

Do most people spray theirs to match the lower grill? If so does anyone have any pics of one on an arctic blue 182 so I can see if it will be worth the time doing it.

Thanks a lot. Dan

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
Definitely worth doing in my opinion, along with the fog surrounds. Really tidies/cleans up the front end. One of my favourite things I've done to mine. Whilst I was at it I gave the rear bumper insert and exhaust surrounds a going over too.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I've painted mine and they look immaculate after a few weeks and several cleans, a few coats of primer then a few coats of satin black and jobs done. No flaking or anything and heard of alot of people doing it and never having flaking etc... I used hycote paints, grey primer and satin black.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
It's all in the prep as with most painting, make sure the surface is 100% clean or the primer and the paint won't adhere properly. Light coats and many is always better than one thick heavy coat which would leave loads of drip marks etc...

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Before!

14334499277_a18efc6957_b.jpg

Afters

20140701_145028_zpsmppb41yl.jpg

20140701_145023_zps3refdbhi.jpg

20140702_094059_zpsf3wgeers.jpg

20140702_094041_zps92hwmg56.jpg

20140702_094049_zpsnzngb7fy.jpg

20140702_094033_zpsyn9accpu.jpg

Nissan 350z
Why not try a can of Plastidip? Costs about £20 and you can just peel it off if you dont like it.

Titanium 182
Did you sand the plastics down before hand?

Looks good, thinking of doing the same but I'm not sure how it would like against my Titanium

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just to add the upper grill isnt black when brand new. I saw @gambit 's grill he bought recently and when new it is a lovely dark grey with tiny speckles of shiny stuff - perhaps dull glittery stuff in the plastic.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
standard agree new from renault they are never black,i just use the back to black every 2 weeks as ive read the paint cracks easily after a few months

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
i have a spare grille if anyone wanted it for a tenner to try their hand at spraying it black.