ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black/Gold Clio V6 Enhancement finished with swissvax Best of Show

MK5 Golf Gti
Quick write up of a recent enhancement on a Black/Gold Clio V6 I did for a good friend of mine, not many pictures of the wash & cleansing stage but usual safe practice was implemented.

Pre washed with VP Citrus
Foamed with Megs Hyper Wash
2 Bucket with Poorboys super slick & suds
Dried with CG wooly mammoth with Megs last touch
Clayed with Wolfs Chemicals fine and Megs last touch as lube

Wheels and tyres were left due to being refurbed!

Here is the polishing stages completed with Scholl S17/ 3M polishing pad via Flex PE14-2-150 Rotary with before picture wipe downs using CP Eraser!

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

Nice bit of etching

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

Etching removed

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

Gloss and clarity improved on the wing

DSC_0532.jpg

Roof

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

Spoiler

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

Passenger door

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

Best of Show curing

DSC_0543.jpg

Finally some finished shots

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0573.jpg

Thanks for looking

Regards
John

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Saw some of these on fb, you've saved Fred from himself with thinking that the vee needed paint, great turnaround and shows what can be rescued with the right products and skill

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised he let anyone touch it!

Superb job mate. Good choice with the Lsp.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fred's? He mentioned this on Facebook I think. Looks good!!

There's only one Vee with paint that bad, the rest polish their's with monkey spunk. ;)

MK5 Golf Gti
I'm surprised he let anyone touch it!

Superb job mate. Good choice with the Lsp.

I've know Fred best part of 10 years so he knew it was in good hands, he is terrible now looking out the corner of his eye if someone gets close to it in the unit....

Best of Show is a good choice for cars that predominantly spend time indoors, had it been a daily driver I'd of gone down the Divine route!

I'd now say this is probably one of the best and most original RS Clio V6's in the UK now and will be even better once its wheel refurb has been completed.

Thanks
John

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Or once it's actually finished? We always believed his future son would inherit the task of finishing it. ;)

He's a good man.

Do you run a detailing business, John? Supporter on DW?

I might have went for Shield under Bos if it was an everyday car. Or maybe even Z2/Bos.

Solid Reds and Blacks go hand in hand with Bos

Inferno 225 cup
I really can't stop looking at the vee....I've even looked at a couple on auto trader :( but none look as good as this.

Saved image......check!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Awesome job John. Was nice chatting to you yesterday. Thanks for spending a bit of time giving me some pointers on my detailing.

MK5 Golf Gti
Or once it's actually finished? We always believed his future son would inherit the task of finishing it. ;)

He's a good man.

Do you run a detailing business, John? Supporter on DW?

I might have went for Shield under Bos if it was an everyday car. Or maybe even Z2/Bos.

Solid Reds and Blacks go hand in hand with Bos

I'm pretty sure once the wheels are refurbed that's it finished unless the throttle bodies come back out!

Z2 is an awesome product very good for daily driver! I haven't noticed a big difference in terms of durability between Shield & BOS, where as Divine is a big step up ;-)...

What a turnaround!

Thankyou

I really can't stop looking at the vee....I've even looked at a couple on auto trader :( but none look as good as this.

Saved image......check!

Get one bought ;-)

Awesome job John. Was nice chatting to you yesterday. Thanks for spending a bit of time giving me some pointers on my detailing.

No problem, yours will look stunning once complete with the products I pointed out I'm sure of it!

great turnaround. i bet freds well happy with it

He's over the moon an the detailing bug is started to creep in lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I must say i'm surprised at both comments. First off that Fred actually cares about paintwork and you think Bos is similar to Shield in durability stakes.

I've only had the pleasure of using Divine once as a sample. Really needs the packaging to make it special.

My car wears C1. I've forgotten what durability is now. Be weird to start waxing again!

MK5 Golf Gti
I must say i'm surprised at both comments. First off that Fred actually cares about paintwork and you think Bos is similar to Shield in durability stakes.

I've only had the pleasure of using Divine once as a sample. Really needs the packaging to make it special.

My car wears C1. I've forgotten what durability is now. Be weird to start waxing again!

I found there to be only 2.5/3 weeks extra with Shield compared to BOS but in terms of looks BOS wins 10x over, Where as Divine Germania will out last both by a fair bit but really does add something extra to the finish and I have tried pretty much everything and I put it up with Atlantique, Vintage although I am still waiting to try Royale but think it will be a long time till I do Lol

C1 is such a good product, I do think these Ceramic coatings are the way forward but do lack the WOW factor when applying an LSP!

Would look even better with the black insert headlights!

I think this is on the cards....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't agree more. You wouldn't believe me when I say how much I was against Ceramic sealants. I seen C1 in action and realised I needed it.

There's a thread on here somewhere.

MK5 Golf Gti
I couldn't agree more. You wouldn't believe me when I say how much I was against Ceramic sealants. I seen C1 in action and realised I needed it.

There's a thread on here somewhere.

I actually have a pot of C1 and most of the G-Techniq range but haven't got round to using it yet :-s

Very nice mate, are the exhaust pipes matte black or just coated in carbon?

Agree on the lack of enjoyment applying sealants brings, waxing is the best part of detailing imo.

Thanks, they have been treated to a high temp black coating...

I love machining if I'm honest but waxing does come a close 2nd ;-)

Brilliant stuff !

Cheers

Edition 30
Are the exhaust tips dark or is it me?

I think it suits it even more., great job on the enhancement!

Edition 30
That's what I thought.

Gloss black front grille I think would finish it off perfectly :race:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Paint looks brilliant, excellent work mate.

Wheels kill it for me though.