ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Headlights for 182 Xenons...

I'm after some lights which have the black insert/surround, to fit onto my 182 which has the grey insert Xenons lights at the moment,

What's the best way to go about this? Doing a search it seems that some 172's had black inserts?

Just wondering if its best to try to pick up a black set which are Xenons already, or try to get a black set and fit my Xenons into them, etc, etc

My current ones are near mint, so it may be worth seeing if I can do a swap...

Any help would be appreciated!

Many Thanks,

James

Clio 2.0 16v 182
The black insert non xenon lights weren't exclusive to 172s. A few non sports had them. Local scrap/salvage places will sell them at £25-30 each. I've not seen a lot of xenon lights with the black insert.

Wouldn't advise putting xenon bulbs in non xenon lamps. Unless you want to blind everyone you see.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
All phase 2 172s came with black insert lights IIRC?

Just buy a set of 172 xenons and swap them over

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Depo black insert headlights £40ish on eBay if you don't care about the Xenon bulbs, sell yours for around £150 but don't post them as they WILL break, the insert clips are made from cheese. You can't retrofit the Renault Xenon bulbs in non Xenon lamps and china HID kits would look w**k, get you pulled and fail an MOT.

I don't think anyone with a 172 will do a swap for grey's as they aren't the preferred choice!

So.... sell yours and buy a second hand set of 172 lamps as @james24785 said above :)