ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black series poly bushes

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
looking at refreshing the bushes on the cup with these. at the moment afaik the only poly bush on the case is the dogbone mount so im thinking wishbones/front arb steering rack and rear beam bushes? any other ones i need for the front bare in mind i have solid top mounts atm. i think im also going to get the vibra engine and gearbox mounts. car is a weekend toy not a daily so not bothered about vibrations. also where is the best/cheapest place to get them?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I’d get purple over black. They still have a little bit of give and feel more robust and less brittle. The blacks are stiffer but also feel like they will fail in time.
I’d recommend Whiteline for the rear beam and PF purple for everywhere else. Having said that, I think the lower arm bushes are now black only.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I polybushed my whole 182 with black series and it felt absolutely unreal to drive. Really direct with not that much extra NVH from standard! Would definitely recommend doing.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
went ahead and used the discount code on ebay for 20% off and ordered vibra tech engine/gearbox mounts and powerflex black series bushes for wishbones/front arb inner and outers and steering rack bushes and rear beam bushes. should tighten things up nicely

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I seem to recall the purple Powerflex having a lifetime warranty, whereas the black doesn't (probably because it's aimed towards motorsport). So something to consider too

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I run full black series on a daily and its fantastic. Obviously its stiffer than an old boy who has found the key to the little blue pill cupboard but it's not awful.