ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry Questions :)

R26
Well today vodafone called saying its time for my upgrade, theyve offered me a Blackberry 8520... but after reading this section of the Forum im presuming theres better ones to be had? What do i do wait out for Voda to get the new one ? Onyx ? or ask for the Curve 8900?

Cheers in advance

ST
iPhone isn't coming to Vodafone until the start of next year IIRC mate..

The Bold is a really good handset, pick of the bunch probs and there's a bold which is the 9700, avoid the Storm like the plague!!

VW ....
The 8520 is the new one yet lower spec ,best thing to do m8 ,is look at reviews on youtube to see the difference ,i looked at them both myself & settled on the 8900 with the extra features .

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
8520 is a new one in the curve range.

I didn't like it when we had one to trial, actually prefer the roller ball and the uni tjsut felt cheap even compared to a normal 8900 Curve.

I preferred the Bold 9000 as it felt well built, and the extra size was hardly noticible and well worth it for the decent keyboard. The curve keyboard was s**t imho.

The new bold will be interesting to try though, more curve liek in size but with a decent bold keyboard on it.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I have the Storm and tbh have had no real issues with it at all. Last upgrade sorted a lot out and added some nice little touches

Audi TT
Yeah all the people who say the storm is s**t have another go with one with bang up to date OS and it's a lot better and a whole lot quicker.

Storm2 due out anytime soon and looks awesome :)

White clique
i've got a blackberry javlin/curve 8900, not bad, battery life is not all that impressive, 3 days, but i do have bluetooth always on.

ST
Pffft, 3 days..is that constant use or it just your work phone mate?

I've never got any more than a day n half tops out of any phone..

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Can get a weekend (Friday afernoon to Monday AM) just about out of my Bold, if I use Auto On/Off then it does it no problem.

Audi TT
storm2 isn't out yet but is due any time now. Reviews on crackberry.com suggest it's awesome. The new screen is meant to be a lot better than the original and is now multi touch so a lot quicker for typing.

No new curve out soon that I'm aware of. 8900 is most recent top end curve then there's the Curve 8520 which has a lesser camera but touchpad. I had a play with one yesterday and like the touchpad. When the new Bold 9700 comes out next month with the touchpad I think that will be the Blackberry to have although I will have to have a go with one to make my mind up as you lose a little screen real estate and smaller qwerty keyboard than you get on the Bold 9000 so I may stick with my Bold for the time being until I decide what I want. I'm about 5months off an upgrade anyway so no rush.

For blackberry info though people should check out Crackberry.com and look through the reviews etc... it's always bang up to date on everything! :D

storm 2 is out on voda had a play with one in there store the other day and the difference is amazing. you can see the video reviews of how easy it is to type on there, voda will be getting the bold 9700 tomorrow in stores aswel, my upgrades due so i have to wait for orange to release them but at the moment im swaying more towards the storm 2 amazing device

Audi TT
Cool cool. I'm with L'Orange as well. Might have a play and consider an early upgrade but we shall see. I'm currently paying £27 a month for 600 mins, unlim texts, internet, orange care insurance and itemised bills. Don't want it to go up from that really. Will see what happens.

Not a 320d
The Bold 9700 is out tomorrow from Voda i believe, ive just ordered one.

Awaiting a credit check tho ffs. I get paid tomorrow, its the end of the month so im well into my overdraft lol.

Revels Mum & Sister
Me too. Just rang and cancelled my Orange contract. All sorted so hopefully should have one in a few days! Assuming they have enough stock anyway!

Not a 320d
Me too. Just rang and cancelled my Orange contract. All sorted so hopefully should have one in a few days! Assuming they have enough stock anyway!

If your talking about Voda, the aim to deliver the phone by 1pm tomorrow. Apparantly. Not had an email yet to say ive been checked. I serioussly doubt i will see the phone tomorrow but if i get denied, ill go into town tomorrow and start up a new phone contract.

Revels Mum & Sister
If your talking about Voda, the aim to deliver the phone by 1pm tomorrow. Apparantly. Not had an email yet to say ive been checked. I serioussly doubt i will see the phone tomorrow but if i get denied, ill go into town tomorrow and start up a new phone contract.

Not too bothered I have the original Bold and a lot on at the moment. So I can wait ;)