ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blink motorsport of the south?

Just thinking about ideas for when I eventually get my ASTs fitted. Where to take the car for a proper set up etc.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the South. Ideally as close to Surrey as possible.

Had originally planned to use Mark Fish but it's just a bit far away for me.

So basically looking for the Blink Motorsport of the South. I've heard nothing but good things about them when reading.

Proper set up wanted with corner weighting etc and somewhere which isn't too far for me to go back to if need be.

Renault Clio 172 cup
There's Eurospec in Guildford, not used them myself but I think some on here have.
Also my bosses son works at Abbeymotorsport in Oxted, I know they know their stuff, I could ask him when I'm back in work tuesday , suggest that you want the car properly setting up and see what he says. They do mainly Jap stuff I think but they arn't exclusive to that.

There's Eurospec in Guildford, not used them myself but I think some on here have.
Also my bosses son works at Abbeymotorsport in Oxted, I know they know their stuff, I could ask him when I'm back in work tuesday , suggest that you want the car properly setting up and see what he says. They do mainly Jap stuff I think but they arn't exclusive to that.

Abbey Motorsport is the sort of thing I was looking for. Only 20 minutes from me, so very easy to go back and forth if need be and to check/adjust things.

Would be good to know if they have any experience in Clios.

If you wouldn't mind asking him then that would be great thanks. If not I'll send an enquiry. But you might get more of an honest opinion out of him.

Try Torque Developments at lakeside Thurrock. There very good.

My mates uses these for his Type R. Still a little bit further than I was hoping to travel though.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Surely it would be worth the journey to Mark Fish?

I'm pretty sure he's considered to be about the best person anywhere for this type of set up.

Surely it would be worth the journey to Mark Fish?

I'm pretty sure he's considered to be about the best person anywhere for this type of set up.

I did think that originally. My mate George took his there and is very impressed with the results.

But it's just too much hassle for me. It's a good 2.5 drive. In a car which isn't technically road legal and very very uncomfortable.

Or trailering it, which means getting the trailer out blah blah and asking to waste a day of my dads time. (I don't have a license yet)

Plus I'd like to be able to go back for small tweaks and check ups if something gets knocked out. So being as local as possible is the main priority.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Abbey Motorsport is the sort of thing I was looking for. Only 20 minutes from me, so very easy to go back and forth if need be and to check/adjust things.

Would be good to know if they have any experience in Clios.

If you wouldn't mind asking him then that would be great thanks. If not I'll send an enquiry. But you might get more of an honest opinion out of him.

My mates uses these for his Type R. Still a little bit further than I was hoping to travel though.

RE. Abbey ...will ask him tomorrow ,I know my boss used to have a 172 Clio himself ( he did a bit of amateur racing a while back ). Will get back to you asap.
http://www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk/content/suspension-configuration-and-alignment
Their website suggests that they are up for this kind of stuff.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Spoke to my boss, he says they ( Abbey ) deal with quite a few race cars and should have no problem setting up a Clio, I mentioned corner weighting, spring rates etc and he nodded a lot. I would suggest just giving them a ring and have a chat . Wouldnt imagine it would be cheap though but if you are that determined to get it set up properly at least they are local to you. Good luck, would be interested to know any outcome.

Just thinking about ideas for when I eventually get my ASTs fitted. Where to take the car for a proper set up etc.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the South. Ideally as close to Surrey as possible.

Had originally planned to use Mark Fish but it's just a bit far away for me.

So basically looking for the Blink Motorsport of the South. I've heard nothing but good things about them when reading.

Proper set up wanted with corner weighting etc and somewhere which isn't too far for me to go back to if need be.

Plans Motorsport on Dunsfold Airfield

http://www.plansmotorsport.com/contact/

very very good.

If i still had my kit we could have done it together and i would have helped you understand what why and how , but alas not had it for ages and not had the time since i got rid of my 7 >

Oh and the "we test on our famous circuit" , is the top gear track ;) plans know exactly what they are doing and are not stupidly expensive

Plans Motorsport on Dunsfold Airfield

http://www.plansmotorsport.com/contact/

very very good.

If i still had my kit we could have done it together and i would have helped you understand what why and how , but alas not had it for ages and not had the time since i got rid of my 7 >

Oh and the "we test on our famous circuit" , is the top gear track ;) plans know exactly what they are doing and are not stupidly expensive

I was just about to say isn't that the TG location, then I finished reading your comment lol.

Thanks, I'll send an enquiry to them. Although still a little bit far to travel without getting the trailer out. But not impossible.

Where are you martin , Plans are well worth the trip on every level

Just having a look on their site, they look seriously impressive. Didn't realize they were the team involved with Tom Ingram.

I'm in Croydon mate. But looks like it could be well worth the journey to these guys as you say.

Last edited:
Just having a look on their site, they look seriously impressive.

They are good guys and have done lots of lotus work for me over the years .
Strangely someone has asked me to go look at the Noble they have for sale for them hence they were in the front of my mind.
The workshop on one side is a porsche carrera cup team , and the other used to be the development workshop for Maclaren , when they were developing the slr i used to see them pounding it on the track often , be interesting to see if they still have it and whats tucked up in their maybe Budgie knows

They are good guys and have done lots of lotus work for me over the years .
Strangely someone has asked me to go look at the Noble they have for sale for them hence they were in the front of my mind.
The workshop on one side is a porsche carrera cup team , and the other used to be the development workshop for Maclaren , when they were developing the slr i used to see them pounding it on the track often , be interesting to see if they still have it and whats tucked up in their maybe @Budgie knows

Sounds like they could be VERY expensive lol.

They arnt , those are 2 seperate businesses next door either side.
It all depends what you expect to pay.
What are you looking to do ?
Full corner weight and geo setup ?

That's right yeah. I could fit all the bits at home (with help from my mate) but just want to make sure it's all set up properly :)

Guess it's not even worth doing corner weighting until I've finally finished taking things out though. But don't think there's much more to go.

I've sent them an enquiry though. I'm actually quite keen to let these guys have a fiddle now.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I use J-tech automotive Martin, luckily just around the corner for me, but a bit further for you. Top guys and incredibly knowledgable. Can do full corner weighting etc.

Jamie (the owner) trained with Ohlins, and their competition heritage speak for itself. They are AST suppliers aswell.

http://www.jtechautomotive.co.uk

I use J-tech automotive Martin, luckily just around the corner for me, but a bit further for you. Top guys and incredibly knowledgable. Can do full corner weighting etc.

Jamie (the owner) trained with Ohlins, and their competition heritage speak for itself. They are AST suppliers aswell.

http://www.jtechautomotive.co.uk

Jon actually recommended these to me already. Said they really know their stuff.

A bit too far for me though. A good hour and 45 mins. Thanks though.

Jon used to work there iirc bud. Mine is down there with them at the moment. Picking it up today :)

Oh I think he did mention that too actually. You having Geo and corner weighting done?

Had my car back for 3 weeks now but been pottering around below 4k rpm until I can get the map finished by Mike Woodford.

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Nope, it's having the bearings done (I'd have done them myself but I'm crazy busy at work), new discs and swapping the ds3000s for ds2500s due to squeal.

Then re-aligned. I'm losing some weight and not going to get it comer weighted until then!

What have you had done to yours? ITBs?

Nope, it's having the bearings done (I'd have done them myself but I'm crazy busy at work), new discs and swapping the ds3000s for ds2500s due to squeal.

Then re-aligned. I'm losing some weight and not going to get it comer weighted until then!

What have you had done to yours? ITBs?

Oh cool. Yeah makes sense. I'm now thinking I might need to hold off on the corner weighting until I'm done with the weight saving.

Mine already has ITBs :) Been fitted since October. However it was such a rush before my ring trip, Mike wasn't able to get it on the Dyno to finish off the map. Then did an engine refresh over winter and got it back 3 weekends ago. Just need Mike to change the cam timing from 438 to 421 and finish off the map for me before I can properly enjoy it.

It's been a long wait I tell you that! lol

Just realised my tag didn't work for Mike. How do you tag someone when they have spaces in their name?

Ooh. Didn't realise you'd ITB'd! Nice :)

I've gone to the dark side and will be charging mine at some point :)

Not sure on the tagging. I always goof it up!

I know I've been reading ;)

Sure it'll be epic once done.

I didn't want to touch internals or go for anything too crazy. I've had enough spending money on this car now lol. Want it to be reliable so I can enjoy it for a long long time without having to do anything.