ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blinking clonk!

VW Potato

so, before Pups service this Monday, I had a slight clunk coming from what felt like the nearside front when pulling away/clutch engaging. No pattern at all to when it would happen. Random. I asked them to look at it during the service, but they didnt (long story) but after the service, the clunk had gone (I thought maybe during the inspection they found something lose and tightened it up).

Anyway, today I have a new clunk. Now, as the clutch engages and I accelerate, it bloody clunks...but only in first. It sounds like a bang, almost from the under the passenger seat area. I will see my dad at the weekend and hopefully he can put it on the ramp...Id love to know what the problem is...the noise doesnt bother me as much as not being able to identify what the problem is!

g

VW Potato

cheers buddy! The reason they didnt sort it was partly because of the garage is closing down. Now I have to go to Reading. This recall - where can I get official notice of it so i can show the reno dealer? Can I get it from reno UK Cupking or do you have a copy of the recall advice thingy?

thanks,

g

I literally spoke to my local dealer an hour or so ago which is in Maidstone (Whitehouse Renault) and their sales guy there spoke to one of his service guys who told him about the recall so it must be true. Dont get fobbed off by your dealer who tells you otherwise.

Hope you get it sorted, Russ