ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Block the small hole of return of oil in the decanter of oil : Good, Bad, Dangerous ?

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Hello everybody :)

In first sorry for my bad English it is not my native and natural langage but I try ^^ and I hope that you will understand me in spite of that (It will be better for me if you could understand the French language lol)

So , this topic is about my "Clio 2 RS1" or "Clio 2 RS phase1" or "Clio 2 RS mk1" like you say in the UK, and its engine F4R730 precisly

My last work in the engine is to eliminate all the returns of oil in the engine and the admission air

Already I have made this for the return of oil in the admission air (under the case "buttefly) by diverting the circuit towards a oil-catch tank and by blocking the entry under the case butterfly

dscn3701-34d844a.jpg dscn3707-34d8460.jpg 3-346f729.jpg

Now I could like to block the small hole in the decanter of oil (number 1 in the photo) like made some owners of Clio 2 RS1, but before, because i'm not sure, I shall wish to know if it's dangerous or not for the engine for average or long term

I suppose this little hole is used for the return of oil towards the plenum but also to let escape the pressure of the engine

And thus I ask the question to know if by blocking this small hole, I am not going to make increase the pressure at the top engine and thus destroy faster or be dangerous for parts and joints "spy" of the engine for examples

To resume, if I block this small hole (number 1), the only exit (number 2) towards the oil-catch tank will be enought to evacuate the full oil and pressure and not be dangerous for the engine?

seiz-356c2dd.jpg

Thanks for all informations about that ;)

Last edited:
  172 cup
Re: Block the small hole of return of oil in the decanter of oil : Good, Bad, Dangero

Why would you want to block those holes up??

i think you should leave it as its been designed to run.

steve

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Re: Block the small hole of return of oil in the decanter of oil : Good, Bad, Dangero

1 is for positive crankcase ventilation. This means the oil vapours are sucked into the engine through this hole. There is no issue from blocking this as long as the main outlet (number 2) is unrestricted

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Why would you want to block those holes up??

i think you should leave it as its been designed to run.

steve

????
I said that in the 1st message, you dont understand my bad English ? ^^

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

1 is for positive crankcase ventilation.

I know the use of this little hole, it is not my question ;-)

This means the oil vapours are sucked into the engine through this hole. There is no issue from blocking this as long as the main outlet (number 2) is unrestricted

Sorry I dont understand ^^
do you want to say that I can block this little hole without problems for the engine because it have the outlet number 2 ?
Outlet number 2 which is unrestricted in my mountage because like I said it have that
23.jpg 25.jpg

Last edited:
  172/1.2/E30

What happens if you leave the small hole open when running ITBs? Is it spitting oil out there?

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

What happens if you leave the small hole open when running ITBs? Is it spitting oil out there?

what is it the small hole you speak ?
this in zone 1 in my picture in the 1st message ?

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

OMG it's sure for me now I write a bad English langage because I explained that in my first message ^^ lol

So, on the engine of a Clio 2 RS phase 1 there are 2 return of oil :

1 by the outlet behind the decanter of oil (zone 2 in my picture in the 1st message) which return in the admission air under the case butterfly that I diverted towards a oil-catch tank and blocked the entry under the case butterfly

and

1 by the small hole (zone 1 of my picture in the 1st message) which go in the plenum

And it's on this that I ask if I can block this small hole to avoid thus returns of oil passing by the plenum without dangers for the engine

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182

I left mine not blocked for ages and it was going through oil quickly and every time I opened my bonnet it was covering the underside of my bonnet.

Blocked and no problems since.

172/1.2/E30

I left mine not blocked for ages and it was going through oil quickly and every time I opened my bonnet it was covering the underside of my bonnet.

Blocked and no problems since.

What did you use for blocking? Self tapper?

KumKum - You're getting confused reading replies. Straight forward answer - you can block hole 1 with no issues at all.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

KumKum - You're getting confused reading replies. Straight forward answer - you can block hole 1 with no issues at all.

Ok that is direct answer and I understand perfectly !! :cheers:

Thus let's go now ^^ I am going to unsettle the decanter to block the small hole

I would make that by a small weld metal doubtless

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

yop :clap:

Tomorrow I shall visit my friend boilermaker to block cleanly the small hole ^^

Thus tonight I prepared the things for that

DSCN3754.jpg DSCN3756.jpg 3.JPG DSCN3757.jpg

You see in the next photo the joint dough which was in stock on the decanter of oil
I am going to clean because I bought the metalique joint that I prefer

DSCN3758.jpg photo.jpg

And the same decanter of oil after the cleaning :cool:

DSCN3759.jpg

To be continued tomorrow :p

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

So I remounted the decanter of oil with its small hole blocked by welds (I will post photos of that later) BUT I have little (I hope) problem :S

I cannot screw saw it of the decanter noted in the red zone

All others screws are good but not this...

The hole of this screw is "falsified" and too big (it is one of big problems on the engine of my Clio 2 RS1... do you knwo that you too in your Clio 2 RS ph1 ?) Grrrr !!

I try to made the hole and the form of screw for a bigger screw (size 8 and the stock 6) but it's too difficult and not possible for me...

Is it dangerous for my engine and the lack of oil for example to remount the engine anf the decanter of oil without only this one screw ?

img1044r BIS.jpg