ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody furious - ’effing body shop

Some guy side-swiped my 4 month-old V6 255 a few weeks ago his fault, but very little damage except side pod slightly cracked. It went to an my insurance-approved repairer last week. Just cleaned it and guess what? Theyve obviously had all 4 wheels off scratched each one with the air wrench!! Theyve even managed to curb one and tried to repair it - very badly.

How the hell do they curb a wheel whilst its in a body shop and why did they take all the wheels off?

It was going to be paid by through the guys insurance (Elephant) but at the last minute he decided to pay for it. Should I complain to my insurer (Elephant too) as they recommended the body shop or contact the garage direct?

[Edited by timr on 01 May 2005 at 6:47pm]

Thanks for the responses.

Bryan - I know but perhaps if they do take on my cause Ive got more clout.

EvilJohn - They wont be open until Tuesday so I cant until then. I cant see any reason why theyd need to though - the original damage was only on one side and the rear wheel is at least 2 feet away from the damaged pod. Thats what makes me even more suspicious, and the fact that it took them 4 days to do the work when they reckoned it would be 2 days at most...

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Do you know if theyve driven it by checking the mileage.

yeh i well reckon theyve been out in it

i wouldve been tempted to keep the car keys, not like they need to get inside it to fix a bit of exterior trim damage

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

they would probably need the keys to move it about, does sound like they have been out in it though, gutted for you mate, hope it gets sorted

Elise/VX220/R26

so many bloody cowboys in the auto industry

tell them youll take them to court, that had thecarpeople in wakefield jumping when I took by megane in at the weekend

Cheers - yes Im sure theyve been looning around in it. I stupidly forgot to take a speedo reading so cant prove anything - but curbing doesnt happen in a body shop...so thats enough proof for me.

Ive sent a formal complaint to Elephant vai email - had to do something while I was so cross. Ill wait and see what they say. I know Ill probably have to deal direct with the garage - hopefully the boss was unaware and will be decent about it, but thats probably just wishful thinking...

I bloody hate garages theyre all barstewards!

Willy, Willy 2, V6

i know exactly how you feel... cant trust garages these days which is why i now do everything i possibly can to fix my car myself.