ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG200 Rescue

RS200
Hi everyone.

Going to start a Thread on my recent pick up of an AG200 that needed some TLC.

Car was a CAT S but repairable in Sept 2019. Written off with a damaged boot lid, light & bumper. Very, very small crease next to the petrol cap which is why it was probs a CAT S. No other structural damage at all. Everything underneath and inside are perfect. 71K miles and a low 2 owner car.

MOT passed with no advisories. Quite a good MOT history to be fair.

Full service including all belts and gear box rebuild completed last week at Rensport.

I have managed to track down almost all of the history for the car which is a great result.

Pic of the damage which is very superficial.

SDOM4627.JPG

Car went to a local body shop for the repair.

DDZR7091.JPG

Pic of the car as it stands now. Had quite a bit of work done by me prior to picking up on Tuesday 18th Feb. 2020.

Wheels refurbished in gloss black.
H&R springs fitted.
TRC splitter fitted.
Full service inc all belts etc.
Gear box rebuild.

IMG_8256.JPG

Let the modifying begin.

New custom RS badge on the boot now.

IMG_8225.JPG

Started to collect a few parts.

Cup Racer wheel in readiness for the Summer months.

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

Full set of new Godspeed G Hook discs & Brembo pads ready to go on this weekend.

IMG_8222.JPG

Genuine Cup spoiler. Getting painted in readiness to fit this weekend.

IMG_8247.JPG

Further updates as I get on.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Hi Phil, where did you get the Cup spoiler from? RPD have had them on back order for ages! Car looks great btw.

RS200
Hi Phil, where did you get the Cup spoiler from? RPD have had them on back order for ages! Car looks great btw.

I manage to bag one from someone on a FB page. He was a bit reluctant to sell at first but we came to a good deal.

Yeah they are very rare at the minute any nowhere has any stock of the genuine parts. I contacted at least a dozen companies and everyone said they were on back order or no planned date.

KTR have some of their own brand spoilers in stock.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
One of the best looking colours ever and suits the shape so well. Looks great. How is the paint match? Was always told it’s a nightmare to paint alien green

RS200
One of the best looking colours ever and suits the shape so well. Looks great. How is the paint match? Was always told it’s a nightmare to paint alien green

Cheers.

Paint match is spot on to be fair. Takes some spotting if you don't know it's been done.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
How did the accident actually happen? The lower part of the bumper in the original pic is barely damaged.

RS200
How did the accident actually happen? The lower part of the bumper in the original pic is barely damaged.

Not to sure to be honest. Would appear to be from something that rides high based on the damage.

Nothing other than what you see was damaged. It's perfect underneath and in the boot well.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Good work! Looks awesome!
Glad to see an AG being saved [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Used to see this car years ago and is originally from Edinburgh, It was around alot and it was an older gent it had it.

A720 Edinburgh Bypass - Edinburgh , Scotland September 2012
Sept 2012 1.jpg

CoPart Auction - West Lothian , Scotland November 2019

Nov 2019.JPG

Seen on youtube on a channel - Jan 2020

Jan 2020 1.JPG

RS200
Made the most of a rainy Saturday and changed the door weather strips and change the air filter.

Current ones where in bad shape.

Seals removed and all glue removed etc from both sides.

63fac155bccd87f53169bc942120a888.jpg

3f8cbd01b6fd72d4ddc51fede35afb47.jpg

OEM parts used.

9a7f207bdd148116b133c760cc881d9f.jpg

3d66dba87019bdd225a726b7d5610829.jpg

Trial fit on both sides.

7e18b6faa9e38468f9c1f60492934c42.jpg

402d683972b6eead917fdb559bf0d6b5.jpg

Both parts fitted and pressed into place.

3bd8b7c0d1ff1c835396b43e94fb3c0e.jpg

17a07f6909f4d0887f1aeec6c5c4e1fd.jpg

Doors closed to ensure a good fit along with water test.

99f5ce4500e7e109950657814f4748b6.jpg

ef7c3179edce09b0143cac48a0ab0738.jpg

OEM air filter changed. Took all of 2 minutes.

7ee2e1915dfa6f9a7f93cd3e59f0bef0.jpg

RS200
Took me about 45 mins to do both. They are behind the window but slot in.

Step 1 - remove the old strips by pulling out slowly from the bottom to top.

Step 2 - clean off all excess glue using glue/tar remover. I use Solvo 7063 as I had some in my garage. Use a sharp blade if required to get the glue off the window edge.

Step 3 - trial fit by pushing the seals in place behind the window. Do not remove the sticker backing. Once happy with the fit move to Step 4.

Step 4 - remove sticker backing and push fit seal behind the window. Push the seal in tight to get a good fit.

Step 5 - press down on the glass edge into the seal. Also use a thin scraper to press the seal onto the metal by placing into the slot between the window and seal.

Step 6 - ensure seals are stuck in place by pull testing.

Step 7 - close the door and check the fit is OK.

Step 8 - water test for leaks.

Hope the above helps.

Clio 197
It looks like they changed the design of them? They use to be semi-circled on the edge but look to be more square shaped now.

RS200
It looks like they changed the design of them? They use to be semi-circled on the edge but look to be more square shaped now.

Yes they are different to what was on before. Seem to get a better seal too.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Phil555 please can you advise if the rear brake discs have the ABS rings along with wheel bearings.

Can you also confirm what the wheel bearings inside are as OE renault spec ones are SNR and im wondering what comes in these.

IMG_8222.JPG

RS200
@Phil555 please can you advise if the rear brake discs have the ABS rings along with wheel bearings.

Can you also confirm what the wheel bearings inside are as OE renault spec ones are SNR and im wondering what comes in these.

View attachment 1455926

How do.

Yes they come with ABS ring and bearings but I am unsure what bearing is used.

These were bought from Kam Racing so Kevin from there maybe able to advise or ring Godspeed direct as they may also be able to advise.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking very good mate! Did you manage to get it for a decent price? Interested in who the local shop was aswell! 😊

RS200
Looking very good mate! Did you manage to get it for a decent price? Interested in who the local shop was aswell! [emoji4]

Yeah it was a decent deal. I bought it from a local guy who had all the work done. I then got a load of other bits and bobs done to get it right.
Full service.
All belts etc done at Rensport.
Gear box rebuild.
H&R springs fitted.
Wheels refurbished.