ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bloody mk2 ph2 1.2!

clio mk2 1.2 16v
hey all, has any1 else had loadsa trouble with there 1.2? Recently seems like everyfins fcukin up on mine. Had to get a new coil pack, my cats gone new air flow sensor (dnt no that much bout cars lol) and something to do with a wiring loom, plus my electrics av ad 2 be sorted! I wudnt mind payin for a 172 coz id be keepin it 4 a while but im thinkin im wastin my money on my 1.2
cheers

tbh mate if its the D4F engine u got them in not surprised!! they have alot of problems lol but the 172/182 F4R is a great engine, only shame imo its all electric operated not cable!!

clio mk2 1.2 16v
Ive heard the 1.2 engines are trouble, lol so wot uva problems I got to come? Shuda got a 1.6 or summit!

id recomend a different engine and the 1.6 16v is quite good, only usualy get coil's fault! rare to see much else tbh with them

B-road bully
lol touchwood my 1.2 8v aint had a single problem! their older than the 2.0 16v therefore i guess its more reliable as its more delevoped...

clio mk2 1.2 16v
I'd love to get a different engine but i love my car too much, well except the damn engine

Octavia VRS
ahhh the wiring loom problem. That was the first thing to go wrong with my Clio ...but mine is a 1.4 8v

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Soko87 said:
I'd love to get a different engine but i love my car too much, well except the damn engine

dont need a new car to have a new engine ;)

my D4F 16v has done 118,000 miles in 3 years with only the coil pack failing.

needed a new clutch at 116,000 but thats expected with this millage.