ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody Renault Again!

One with a few more

Idiots!! Heres the story:

My dads friend work for renault, so on the pub one day I asked if he can get metal pedal covers for a normal extreme mk2 ph2 and a bump strip (for 172 bumper as mine didnt have one) and he tells me the pedals will fit straight on.

It gets ordered apparently, I recieve them, all good. I go to see the holes to put pedals on and it appears they have to be drilled, and rivets used. I was not told this and cheapest I can find this work done for is £30. As the parts werent as described, I decided to return them. On my way shopping decided to return them to a Renault but not the one I bought from. Apparently they could not take them and they called my local one up.

When I got home from shopping, Eastbourne dealer had left a message saying my local dealer told them I had been in before to return these goods. Was told they are non-refundable and was asked to leave, and the Eastbourne dealer therefore assumed I had come to them to take my chances I HAD NEVER BEEN TO MY LOCAL DEALER TO TRY TO RETURN THEM - EVER!!

Went to my local today, and the guy I got them off was dead rude and told me I cant take them back coz I knew they werent parts for my car specifically and I was told special orders are non -refundable HE HAD NEVER TOLD ME THESE TINGS BEFORE!!

Been on the phone to the manager, who has told me in no uncertain terms I am lying, that I knew I would have to adapt the pedals for fitting and that I knew they were non refundable as there is a sign in the parts department. None of the this is true!! I never even entered the parts department as the guy did everything for me.

I am really annoyed as this is a lot of money for someone like me and I am the innocent party

One with a few more

I really want my money back tbh

The manager wouldnt give me any numbers for head office but apparently hes calling renault uk.

I was so angry at how arrogant he was litterally telling me i must be lying coz the parts guy has worked there for ages!!

133/225/CLS AMG

Take that up with Renaul head office for definate. Wether you cant get your money back or not you shouldnt be treated like that. That is a bloody p!ss take that they accuse you of lying.

Unfortunately with most aftermarket pedals you do have to drill the stanard ones. You werent to know that unfortunately, surely their customer service skills shoud have come into play and they could have advised you.

I hope you get this sorted out and at the very least an apology from them.

One with a few more

lol, it does sound like that - cheers guys!

I think they are just pub buddies but not sure. I just was astounded when I called to sort this out and I was hit with assusation after accusation!

I mean, I have spent a lot of money through this dealership, and the normal sales people and other parts workrs know me well, and know that I dont exactly make a habit of complaining about or returning items - this is my first time!!