ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blown car who has one and what engine ?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I would only say that of a V-Tec engine. My old H22 in the ATR was amazing but the boost is so much easy as to N/A cars :)

There is still nothing better than the roar of a tuned N/A engine!! boost is dirty power haha ;)

N/A all the way iirc.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I would only say that of a V-Tec engine. My old H22 in the ATR was amazing but the boost is so much easy as to N/A cars :)

Here here. Loved my H22 but nothing beats the sound of boost building up in a inclosed area imo

Clio Hybrid / S3
Audi S3 8L

1.8 20v turbo, pants engine compared to my Williams for sound and theres little boost past 5k :(

MCS R56
100% agreed.

Here's a video to reinforce the point.

At 2.15 - clearly a diesel! Great video!

Just on the 'blown' v 'N/A' chat - how long before we only see (new) turbo'd cars you reckon? These days, with heavier cars, emissions v performance = a win for turbo'd cars.

5GT Turbo C1J dinosaur power.. RIP

I miss boost like crazy.. it rules

Image036.jpg

Also had the best exhaust ive ever had :)

Image029.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
At 2.15 - clearly a diesel! Great video!

Just on the 'blown' v 'N/A' chat - how long before we only see (new) turbo'd cars you reckon? These days, with heavier cars, emissions v performance = a win for turbo'd cars.

Probably not long. I don't think you can buy a N/A VW Golf anymore for example. They all have some form of turbo I believe.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This was the fastest car i've ever owned. Used to go off the speedo in 4th gear. Absolutely loved that car.

thecoles036.jpg

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Awesome, any pics with the K-series head on? How much power does it make?

The 7 Port was never a fully finished and honed item but would have been well over 250-260bhp on injection. I ended up taking it apart and ended up building a 1460 turbo. Something rarely heard of. It cost me the best part of 15 grand with the gearbox as it was all one off stuff. It produced 315bhp in its development stage with more boost on tap should it need it. In the end though, with rebuilds every few hundred hours I sold it and bought my vee with the money. I personally reckon it had the potntial to be one of the most powerful A seires engines this country has have ever seen. It was all pretty pointless and stupid though. The car is now in storage while I build a 150bhp N/A miglia motor up for it............still can't beat the feeling of 30psi of boost hitting you in the back though!! lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
There is still nothing better than the roar of a tuned N/A engine!! boost is dirty power haha ;)

N/A all the way iirc.
Turbo's spooling sounds good, as does wastegate...

I have a S13, 1.8T CA18.
DSCF0290.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Can't beat the wine of a supercharger, my old cooper S sounded evil :)

A4 130
Hmm, don't think that's correct. The website states they are all turbo. I know you can still buy the N/A 1.4 at some dealers as a dealer special however.

My girlfriends got a 1.4 S and thats n/a. The dealer showed us a few, ie 1.6 etc that were aswell and also said they're in very high demand with a 12 month waiting list