ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue 172 Cup, Great & Little Sutton

RB 182 Special.
I see this car fairly regularly in my area -and passing my house- and wondered if it is anyone on here. It looks smart and has an aftermarket exhaust on it.

If it is someone on here, i'm the guy that drives the racing blue 182 with Trophy wheels.

I've also seen a couple of black hold 182s knocking about. An '05 plate and '55.

Laguna Estate
Could be me, no aftermarket exhaust though, just a nice sounding filter:)

Is yours the one on Valley Drive? if so I am just around the corner

RB 182 Special.
That's me! I wasn't 100% sure about the exhaust so I guess it must just be the filter. It sounds good though. So whereabouts do you live?

At last, I've found out who owns one of the other RSs round here! Have you seen that old woman that drives a 172?

RB 182 Special.
Too many? How many are knocking about? I think i've seen 2 or 3, but i'm glad you just mentioned the one with the twin exhaust. I was sure i'd seen one, so at least my mind isn't playing tricks on me this time.

So where abouts do you live daviebroon? And what's the crack with '2.2 16v Cup'? That sounds like a monster of a car! :cool:

Laguna Estate
I am round in Hawthorn Road, on the green. Have not seen the black one, tbh I have only seen one other cup in the Port and that was last summer:eek:

RB 182 Special.
Oh right, yeah that is literally just round the corner. Your car looks really smart I have to say.

Do you get out driving in Wales much? The roads over there are incredible, and its only down the road.

You might've seen another Cup the other week. It was outside my house with my car and a Trophy. And actually, there was another one at mine briefly whilst a bunch of others (silver 182, Trophy and LY R26 ;)) made my house their home for the night 3 weeks back. :cool:

Laguna Estate
Yeah I did notice them all the other week:) Hard not too as the R26 stands out slightly;)

Next time I see you out washing it, I will stop and say Hello

172cup
Too many? How many are knocking about? I think i've seen 2 or 3, but i'm glad you just mentioned the one with the twin exhaust. I was sure i'd seen one, so at least my mind isn't playing tricks on me this time.

So where abouts do you live daviebroon? And what's the crack with '2.2 16v Cup'? That sounds like a monster of a car! :cool:

In Stanney Oaks (but i don't like to openly admit it).
The 2.2 is a fraud... long story lol

I've seen loads of clio sports around Ellesmere Port... too many to put on here. There is also a few V6's floating about. Hardly any of them are on here, as ive posted in the spotted section before, but got no reply.

RB 182 Special.
Yeah I did notice them all the other week:) Hard not too as the R26 stands out slightly;)

Next time I see you out washing it, I will stop and say Hello

Yeah do. It's actually due a clean at the moment. Seeing as i'm off work this week i'll have to haul myself out and give it a wash, clay bar and polish.

RB 182 Special.

In Stanney Oaks (but i don't like to openly admit it).
The 2.2 is a fraud... long story lol

I've seen loads of clio sports around Ellesmere Port... too many to put on here. There is also a few V6's floating about. Hardly any of them are on here, as ive posted in the spotted section before, but got no reply.

Well you know which one i am now so you can give me a nod if you see me. :D

What colour is your Cup? I saw a blue one a while back near cambridge road parked up at a house with a Pulsar.

I've seen a black V6 quite a few times and have followed it and been along side it in traffic but the guy never even looks over. I always like to give a nod, wave or whatever when i see other RSs as an appreciation thing, but most of the time i don't know why i bother.

172cup
Mondial blue 172cup. I'm easy to spot... i'm the one with the carbon bonnet.

Most are being driven by women now mate :rolleyes:. I've just started bowing my head in shame rather than waving at people.

RB 182 Special.
Haha, i have seen one woman driving a 172FF in little sutton a few times. She must be about 65 or sumat!

I've not seen you about. I'd remember that carbon bonnet. Have you done anything else to it?

RB 182 Special.
Haha, nah. I couldn't be bothered. I'm not really a fan of washing cars. I like to keep it clean, and I love to stand and stare at the results, but I find it boring.

I only got out of my dressing gown to have a shower about 30 mins ago, and I'm now sat in shorts and a t-shirt. Oh yes, I'm having a laaazy day.