ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue cars are Chavy? Apparently ...

Clio 182
So I go to pick up my girlfriend from work last night, when she gets in the car she tells me that today she has been told that my car is Chavy. When she asked why the girl said that *fake bimbo essex accent* "well it's blue...and it's got stripes, oh and sometimes you can hear his exhuast when he drives past". I didn't really know what to say at this point, the isn't even that loud to be fair. If a Lamborghini was blue and they are all loud does that make it Chavy? Anyway my I guess my point is that because people are dense I just thought IDE let you know that if your car is blue, or has a performance exhuast then it officially means your a chav. And if you have an RB with stripes, your Ali g.

Rant over :D

DB.

BMW 440i
Clios are chavvy. Deal wid it blud.

This, especially when bright blue with stripes on with a loud exhaust. Doesn't mean it's not a very comprehensive car thats a decent drive, but people will still think that.

Lol !! Made me laugh some people really are dense (the girl lol )! No mater where you go somebody will think all cars are chavvy ! If it be a clio , saxo , mondeo, mini, civic , focus etc etc

all I'd say I'd if you like the car who cares what anybody else thinks ? Cause I know I don't !

I always get of my neighbours 'oh your cars quite loud at 11 PM when you come in I'm trying to sleep! You should sell it '

my comments are ' your dog is quite loud at 7am in the morning while I'm trying to sleep , you should sell him' !!

Someone will ALWAYS complain ! Lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Lol !! Made me laugh some people really are dense (the girl lol )! No mater where you go somebody will think all cars are chavvy ! If it be a clio , saxo , mondeo, mini, civic , focus etc etc

all I'd say I'd if you like the car who cares what anybody else thinks ? Cause I know I don't !

I always get of my neighbours 'oh your cars quite loud at 11 PM when you come in I'm trying to sleep! You should sell it '

my comments are ' your dog is quite loud at 7am in the morning while I'm trying to sleep , you should sell him' !!

Someone will ALWAYS complain ! Lol

Nice comeback! Lol

Clio 182
Lol !! Made me laugh some people really are dense (the girl lol )! No mater where you go somebody will think all cars are chavvy ! If it be a clio , saxo , mondeo, mini, civic , focus etc etc all I'd say I'd if you like the car who cares what anybody else thinks ? Cause I know I don't ! I always get of my neighbours 'oh your cars quite loud at 11 PM when you come in I'm trying to sleep! You should sell it ' my comments are ' your dog is quite loud at 7am in the morning while I'm trying to sleep , you should sell him' !! Someone will ALWAYS complain ! Lol

exactly this. I love my car to pieces and couldn't care less what dense minded people think. Just, well how do you respond to a comment like that? Haha

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a bit annoying. The only things that are different on the exterior are the wheels (F1's) and coilovers. I suppose it's just a loud Clio at the end of the day. But I wouldn't class it as chavy..

8461371114_8d58700236_z.jpg

Clio 182
It's just a bit annoying. The only things that are different on the exterior are the wheels (F1's) and coilovers. I suppose it's just a loud Clio at the end of the day. But I wouldn't class it as chavy..

same mate, I've got colour coded badges and black wheels, but i wouldn't say it was Chavy either. There's always someone that replaces the words 'it's not my cup of tea' With the word Chavy :)

Clio V6

8461371114_8d58700236_z.jpg

I still think an RB 182 (with or without the stripes) has good road presence, probably more than any other colour for whatever reason. It certainly looks a lot classier than some of the beat up Saxos going around these days. When all is said and done, I think the way you drive your car defines what people think of you / it. As stated in another thread, the engines don't help matters as you often sound like you're revving the balls off them just to move forward.

I've heard a few people describe Vee's as chavvy, I think they're the kind of people who think it's a 182 with a bodykit though.

Clio 182
I still think an RB 182 (with or without the stripes) has good road presence, probably more than any other colour for whatever reason. It certainly looks a lot classier than some of the beat up Saxos going around these days. When all is said and done, I think the way you drive your car defines what people think of you / it. As stated in another thread, the engines don't help matters as you often sound like you're revving the balls off them just to move forward.

I've heard a few people describe Vee's as chavvy, I think they're the kind of people who think it's a 182 with a bodykit though.

I did think about the way you drive part too, only where my girlfriend works is in the middle of wickford town, unless you fancy getting up at 3am it's impossible to drive through there with sitting in stop start traffic. If I had come screaming up to her work, finished with a bit of handbrake efficiency testing followed by s pointless rev before turning the engine off, then IDE say I would deserve it lol. But I poodeld up t the car park she jumped in and I poodeld off I didn't out of 1st gear for about 1 mile :D

DB.

BMW 440i
same mate, I've got colour coded badges and black wheels, but i wouldn't say it was Chavy either. There's always someone that replaces the words 'it's not my cup of tea' With the word Chavy :)

Lol that is chavvy in 99% of the populations opinion (including mine and a RB182 was my last car),

You say just because its not their cup of tea doesn't make it chavvy, I say just because you like it doesn't mean it's not chavvy.

Clio 182
Lol that is chavvy in 99% of the populations opinion (including mine and a RB182 was my last car),

You say just because its not their cup of tea doesn't make it chavvy, I say just because you like it doesn't mean it's not chavvy.

i would class Chavy as Lexus lights, and huge body kit, spoiler and 20 chrome alloys as Chavy as apposed to a bit of tastefully colour coded badges/ alloys. Majority of manufacturers are actually bringing cars our that already have colour coded wheels/mirrors badges etc, but each to their own i suppose, we'll have to agree to disagree I guess :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My racing blue doesnt have stripes or a loud exhaust...

/Anti-Chav

I did think about the way you drive part too, only where my girlfriend works is in the middle of wickford town, unless you fancy getting up at 3am it's impossible to drive through there with sitting in stop start traffic. If I had come screaming up to her work, finished with a bit of handbrake efficiency testing followed by s pointless rev before turning the engine off, then IDE say I would deserve it lol. But I poodeld up t the car park she jumped in and I poodeld off I didn't out of 1st gear for about 1 mile :D

You forgot to flash your lights after the handbrake efficiency test ! .........twice to prove the point ! Lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah barrons car, fcuk knows what happened to that, it was a beauty.

I'm a proper chav.

172 cup
To 99% of people a 172/182 is a "done up" 1.2 clio so yes they are chavy, to them. One of the reasons they are so cheap is they have a terrible image so at least that's a plus lol.

DB.

BMW 440i
i would class Chavy as Lexus lights, and huge body kit, spoiler and 20 chrome alloys as Chavy as apposed to a bit of tastefully colour coded badges/ alloys. Majority of manufacturers are actually bringing cars our that already have colour coded wheels/mirrors badges etc, but each to their own i suppose, we'll have to agree to disagree I guess :)

I completely agree with that, they are the far end of the 'chav scale', however a RB182 with stripes and a loud exhaust still makes its way down the chav end of the scale, not as much granted, but still. I know as I used to drive a RB182 with a yozza on, and that alone is enough to be considered very chavvy.

Listerine & Poledo
To 99% of people a 172/182 is a "done up" 1.2 clio so yes they are chavy, to them. One of the reasons they are so cheap is they have a terrible image so at least that's a plus lol.

This. They're a shopping / school-run car that just happens to have a big engine from the factory.

I still like Clios but there's no avoiding the fact that they do carry a full-Chav image. Stripes and an exhaust that sounds like its broken (which 99% of aftermarket 'performance' items do) isn't going to help matters.

Roll things back 15 years and it was the Nova SRi and GSi getting the same rap.

The fact that they're cheap just means more of the genuinely-Chav community can get their hands on one. This has been evident on the forum alone.

This leads to more and more bad press. EVO can say what it wants, it won't affect the mass opinion.

The only Clios that will be worth anything in the long run will be Ph1, 172 cup & Trophy.

Oh, and V6, but they REALLY look like a chavs wet dream. Doesn't make them any less awesome though. :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
At the end of the day any little hot hatch is probably going to be considering chavvy by people who don't really know what they're talking about. I feel my car, being silver, perhaps gets away with it a bit more, but then now I have my aftermarket exhaust on perhaps not!

Cars in this thread so far get a big thumbs up from me :rasp:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Lol i'd tell em to get fucked a chav to me is someone who smokes weed along with wearing adidas tracksuits & wears tatty nikey air max trainers not someone who drives a nice car like you

So dont worry lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think some 1*2s look very respectable on the road... Saw a 172cup today that looked brilliant, not at all chavvy.

im almost certain people think my car is chavvy... Bright yellow, 'racing stripes' and a pram handle. But those who think that, are generally uneducated

renault clio 182
Surely anyone with a fake bimbo Essex accent has some cheek too call an RB chavvy?

I must be a chav tho couldn't care less tho love my RB that's just people's opinions I can make my own on them also!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If I was worried what people thought about my car, I wouldn't be driving around in a clio lol.

I just accept that 99% of people probably think its chavvy.

Clio 182
Surely anyone with a fake bimbo Essex accent has some cheek too call an RB chavvy?

I must be a chav tho couldn't care less tho love my RB that's just people's opinions I can make my own on them also!

This, I love the way the sports sit and drive, i love the RB. hence buying one :D judgers can be judged.