ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue screen of death ... Help please!

I have a inspiron mini 10 ... dell (hell) laptop...

Its got the blue screen of death popped up, im told it happend after downloading something... not sure what...

I think the malware or trojan has edited the registry and it wont boot.. nor go into safe mode...

Ive pulled the drive from the notebook and ran it on my other computer, found 12 trojans... removed them,

Now i need to get the notebook to boot up and run properly, i suspect the anti virus was welllll out of date update wise... and seeing as just used for internet browsing the inevitable has happened, a trojan has got in and fucked something up...

Seeing as the drive is running on my spare computer... and is virus free... what program can i use on the spare computer to fix the hard drive without putting it back in the notebook first?

Just any registry fix program?

Thanks.

Thank god i dont own one... everyone i know has problems ... including this one... any suggestions for programs?

I cant get into safe mode i dont think... i spent ages getting hirens boot onto a usb drive to find i had the wrong version with no BSOD scanner :mad:

it has no cd drive

Is it possible to scan the drive out of the notebook for registry issue and fix them ok?... im now reading could be hardware related like f**ked ram but i cant scan it without knowing what program to use.. im a bit out of touch!

Macccc

In all seriousness, stick it back in the dell and try boot with an os cd. Then try fixmbr from the cmd line. If not try the sf something command. The correct one has escaped me atm.

To test ram download memtest.

lol its not mine, i never buy pre built... never a dell... and id love a mac but i dont need one atm...

I dont have the OS cd ill try and download one...

I went into advanced boot with F8 but couldnt see cmd line... how can i get into it? i wanted to do a chkdsk

Get a mac. You'll instantly be a better person, and you won't have to put up with any of this s**t.

lololololol I'm laughing but I'm serious. Sorry, serial.

Last edited:
Im pulling my hair out, no cd drive so i can boot xp disc and click repair... have to wait for xp repair to finish downloading then somehow mount it on a usb...

cant get into advanced boot settings to save my life! Fn buttons are s**t! cant get the timing right at all....

Help please