ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer has finally died :(

200.gif

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yup, still trying. I thought it had sorted itself as it didn't do it for days. Then did it about 3 times in one morning. f**king w**k.

The only think that hasn't been changed is the motherboard. IT chap at work has a spare tower he's happy to lob me, so might swap my new SSD and old HDD into that, see how it goes.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Been using the works laptop for a while after the last time it crashed and wouldn't start up again. I decided to fire it up again the other day. It took forever, and was making a clicking noise. Weird. Not sure why it was trying to access the hard drive. So, I checked, and one of the hard drives was unavailable. Turns out it was my old one, with all my photos and music on FFS. I wasn't sure which of the two it was, so I unplugged on and restarted the PC.

Fired up in record time, no clicking, and when I checked, the old hard drive with all my stuff on was now available. I guess the "new" hard drive (which is actually dated 2013 despite being put in with a fresh mobo 5 years ago) is fucked and was trying to boot windows from that instead.

I've binned the old HD off and I am going to try the PC again this weekend, see if it still crashes.

The saga continues

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth backing your important stuff up to an external hard drive.