ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer has finally died :(

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I genuinely give up lol. Easy to find why your computer crashes but not tried anything I've suggested.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I genuinely give up lol. Easy to find why your computer crashes but not tried anything I've suggested.

Did you read above? I was working and it crashed, so plugged my work tower in. I haven't had time/inclination to swap everything back and try to look at the crash register yet.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmmm. I didn't think about that. Probably the cheapest thing I can replace too

You can get ram testing programs, might show a fault.
You can also yank out all but one stick of ram, run the computer and see if it behaves. Keep swapping them around, dodgy stick might become apparent.

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If you have a pair of sticks of ram - you could try just one at a time and see if it falls over - i've just gone through this whole process - tried new graphics card, tried replacement memory - it was just the latest windows update that was causing the crashes like your having with the fuzzy screen etc.. I looked at the reliabilty monitor it said why it was crashing and then just reverted the windows update back and it worked. Prob explains why was working good with win 10 on ssd then its updated and bosh - your having the issue. Same motherboard as you too.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
If you have a pair of sticks of ram - you could try just one at a time and see if it falls over - i've just gone through this whole process - tried new graphics card, tried replacement memory - it was just the latest windows update that was causing the crashes like your having with the fuzzy screen etc.. I looked at the reliabilty monitor it said why it was crashing and then just reverted the windows update back and it worked. Prob explains why was working good with win 10 on ssd then its updated and bosh - your having the issue. Same motherboard as you too.

It used to do this ages back on Windows 7 too, so it's not a software issue.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Managed to fire it back up, this is event viewer log

kernel.jpg

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Youtuber AVE would suggest "When in trouble, when in doubt. Run in circles, scream and shout."

I used reliability history to see the errors so not sure how event history works. Did you look down the list to see which has the highest occurrence of error?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I have no idea what I am looking at in reliability history, other than it states hardware failure. Helpful.

I left it running again this morning, and it crashed again after an hour

DSC_6820.JPG
DSC_6821.JPG

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Id step back the most recent windows update and see if that cures your issue. Seems to relate to graphics card drivers same as what I was getting. Check and see when the last update was done - see if it ties in with when the issue started happening again) if so just click to step back the update. (I advised how a few pages back)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Like I say, it's been doing this for years now, before I upgraded windows 10, before I put the SSD in, and before I upgraded the graphics csrd. So I can't see how it's software related.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I had a couple of crashes on my PC lately and reliability viewer just pointed me to the memory dump file.
could be worth downloading BlueScreenViewer which should show which process is causing the crash
You might need to google the output but it might give you a better idea.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
It doesn't give me blue screen, it just freezes on whatever it's on, whereas before the graphics card install, it used to do that fuzzy s**t.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Soooooo, when I updated the drivers, seems it updated the onboard intel graphics card, and the PC kept using that, despite the monitors being plugged into the new one.

Checked the new Asus card and that was last updated 2015, LOL. So updated that, and disabled the intel one.

Fingers crossed and touch wood, it’s been alright yesterday today, and I’ve been giving it a beating too, using youtube,, playing vids, accessing hard drives etc in the background whilst using the remote to work, and the temps have been rock steady too at 40deg for the card and CPU. Might even turn down those jet engines for fans.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Soooooo, when I updated the drivers, seems it updated the onboard intel graphics card, and the PC kept using that, despite the monitors being plugged into the new one.

Checked the new Asus card and that was last updated 2015, LOL. So updated that, and disabled the intel one.

Fingers crossed and touch wood, it’s been alright yesterday today, and I’ve been giving it a beating too, using youtube,, playing vids, accessing hard drives etc in the background whilst using the remote to work, and the temps have been rock steady too at 40deg for the card and CPU. Might even turn down those jet engines for fans.
Nah rollback Windows mate, that WILL sort it!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

New CPU paste, Windows10debloater, reseat the RAM, Turn OFF the onboard GFX if using a GFX card...

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You tried rolling back the last windows update?

If not try version 3.11 if you've got a floppy drive 👍🤣

look at the critical error, that one is just a warning.

Last edited:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Get WireShark on it and see if something on the network is pinging it and causing it (Unlikely, but possible).

Download the DDU program to clear ALL Graphics Card drivers and re-install a fresh, single one.

Windows10debloater needs running to clear out crap it won't need.

What Security is it running?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
DCOM event ID 10016 means that certain processes don't have permissions to the DCOM components that are mentioned in the event logs. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

Important: The section, method, or task provided on the link above contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. From the Start menu, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Go to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID\{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}.
Note: *CLSID* stand for the ID that appears in your event viewer error. In your case, it's {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}.
3. Right click on it then select Permissions.
4. Click on Advance and change the owner to Administrators. Once done, click the box that will appear below the owner line.
5. Apply full control.
6. Go to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Classes\AppID\{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}.
Note: *AppID* is the ID that appears in your event viewer. In your case it's {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}.
7. Right click on it then select Permission.
8. Click on Advance and then change the owner to Administrators group.
9. Click the box that will appear below the owner line.
10. Click on Apply and grant full control to the Administrators group.
11. Close all tabs and go to Administrative tools.
12. Open Component Services.
13. Click on Computer, select My Computer, and then click on DCOM.
14. Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer [Immersive Shell].
15. Right click on it then click on Properties.
16. Click on the Security tab, and then click on Add User. Add Local Service then click on Apply.
17. Tick the Activate local box.

That's the link to the site notifying it...

DCi
Just bin it
Do this

You've tested Win 7 and Win 10 = it's not software so let's focus on hardware

1. you've messed about with RAM - so it's not that
2. you've swapped the disk drive - so it's not that
3. you've disabled the onboard graphics and put in a (presumably known good) GPU - things apparently got a bit better - this is pointing us towards part of your mobo being fucked
4. You've tried swapping the paste on the CPU and temps are ok

the only things left to do is buy another CPU but I am going to guess this PC is old so sourcing a compatible CPU is probably going to cost you more in time than it is to just upgrade your PC

Just accept your loss and move on and be grateful the disk is fine so you have your data.

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
DCOM event ID 10016 means that certain processes don't have permissions to the DCOM components that are mentioned in the event logs. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

Important: The section, method, or task provided on the link above contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. From the Start menu, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Go to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID\{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}.
Note: *CLSID* stand for the ID that appears in your event viewer error. In your case, it's {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}.
3. Right click on it then select Permissions.
4. Click on Advance and change the owner to Administrators. Once done, click the box that will appear below the owner line.
5. Apply full control.
6. Go to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Classes\AppID\{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}.
Note: *AppID* is the ID that appears in your event viewer. In your case it's {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}.
7. Right click on it then select Permission.
8. Click on Advance and then change the owner to Administrators group.
9. Click the box that will appear below the owner line.
10. Click on Apply and grant full control to the Administrators group.
11. Close all tabs and go to Administrative tools.
12. Open Component Services.
13. Click on Computer, select My Computer, and then click on DCOM.
14. Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer [Immersive Shell].
15. Right click on it then click on Properties.
16. Click on the Security tab, and then click on Add User. Add Local Service then click on Apply.
17. Tick the Activate local box.

That's the link to the site notifying it...
But this happened 4 mins approx before the crash - not at the time of crash from the log?

Imagine taking this to a computer shop with the issue/s. You listen to their advice but don’t actually do what they reccomended, then try somewhere else for the lols, and somewhere else, and somewhere else.
Meanwhile the first shop is wondering what’s going on when you turn back up with the same issue months later

Repeat ad infinitum

That’s what this thread feels like.

#justrowitinthebin