ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blue thing in glove box

hi guys.

yesterday i noticed a blue plastic circular thing at the top of the glove box on the right. Havingno idea what it was I had a mess.... which i wish i hadnt because i ended up pushing it into the space behind the glove box. it had some fitment on the back of it aswell.

anyone know what it is and how i can put it back in its place?

cheers

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Its to stop/allow the aircon system to cool the glovebox.

At least thats what its for on my 182.

dk

911 GTS Cab

yeah, not sure what this would be on the cup as this feature was only introduced in the 2004 range (182)?

it does look like the blue plastic could slide across to reveal a hole, so may be the for the air con.

has anyone removed the panel at the back of the glove box? I think this maybe the only way to push it round into position. Just hope it doesnt rattle :)

Full Fat 182 - Was..

yeah noticed it on my 182 when i got it, looked in the book, couldnt finde it so had a play, ended up pushing the back plate out of the glove box to find what was attached to it! then realised that it must be for air con like on some older cars. found out that it was standard issue on the top of the range clio (privilege range??)

Anyway i now have it open to cool my drinks down when im out and about

The blue slide cover is in fact dual function:

As well as allowing cooled air to enter the glove box to stop chocolate melting it is also an emergency outlet for neutrino emissions

The comfort windscreen as fitted by Reno is a trap for neutrinos - hence the clear section in the centre to allow them to escape. Hhowever there are times when this escape route will not adequate - hence the escape route through the glove box denoted by the blue cover which is transparent to neutrinos (no need to undo it for their release). This is especially important for Black/Gold cars as the gold is a neutrino attracter/trap. Gordini stripes have also been shown to increase neutrino levels within the Clio. Fortunately for owners of Black/Gold and Striped cars the neutrinos exert a slight pull as they exit the front of the car improving performance and economy. FACT!

Apologies if this should be in the technical section.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

do you know how strong Neutrinos are!!?!!

think of it this way, if your house (typical 4 bedroom detatched) were a solid block of heavy grade steel then a Neutrino would piss straigh through it unhindered and without touching another atom!!

Neutrinos are naturaly occuring in caves that have radioactive elements in the rocks and they are also a by-product from Nuclear reactions ie fusion and fission.

Neutrinos also travel that fast that they cannot be detected comming or even whilst they are there, only that there were once there and have now f**ked off, and to see this you need a big tank of stuff that looks like green jelly and when a Neutrino has passed through it it leaves a trail through the jelly as if youd fired a bullet through it,

Now that is FACT, i know coz its all part of my job!

I also plan to take over the world!:devilish:

so sorry to step on your go faster stripes and gold dust but titanium and moondust clios are faster because their paint is made from ultra light materials and elements meaning that the power to weight ratio is better :D

And as for where i keep my tyre weld, i modded my boot, so on the right where you have the jack kit etc in the bag, i now have one on the left too with my tyre weld and my little black and decker car hoover, nice and neat thanks to the dopes at renault that beleive they didnt give me a jack kit bag and strap!

I am pure evil, for i am ZIM!!!

And im going to take over the world!

LOL, I think the forum duties have driven him mad.

Actually a thought just struck me. How do we actually know Reno upped the power of the 2.0 to make the 182? Maybe all they did was take the spare wheel out, lowering the weight, and shout cor, look how much faster it is now.

;)

Full Fat 182 - Was..

yes that is mainly renaults naferious plan to dupe us all into thinking things are different.. but they did make the zaust a 3Y instead of a 4 into 1 and its got a differnt cat which is visably differnt.. and the paint is lighter

Come on Gerr we need to inflitrate renault to learn the true nature of their plans!!

I am ZIM!

:devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 17 August 2004

do you know how strong Neutrinos are!!?!!

think of it this way, if your house (typical 4 bedroom detatched) were a solid block of heavy grade steel then a Neutrino would piss straigh through it unhindered and without touching another atom!!

Neutrinos are naturaly occuring in caves that have radioactive elements in the rocks and they are also a by-product from Nuclear reactions ie fusion and fission.

Neutrinos also travel that fast that they cannot be detected comming or even whilst they are there, only that there were once there and have now f**ked off, and to see this you need a big tank of stuff that looks like green jelly and when a Neutrino has passed through it it leaves a trail through the jelly as if youd fired a bullet through it,

Now that is FACT, i know coz its all part of my job!

I also plan to take over the world!:devilish:

so sorry to step on your go faster stripes and gold dust but titanium and moondust clios are faster because their paint is made from ultra light materials and elements meaning that the power to weight ratio is better :D

And as for where i keep my tyre weld, i modded my boot, so on the right where you have the jack kit etc in the bag, i now have one on the left too with my tyre weld and my little black and decker car hoover, nice and neat thanks to the dopes at renault that beleive they didnt give me a jack kit bag and strap!

I am pure evil, for i am ZIM!!!

And im going to take over the world!
so if they can pass through steel, how is my crappy plastic glove box gonna stop them from harming me?

also i still dont see how different colour paint makes a difference?

p.s. im not thick, just dont know a lot about this subject and am finding it actually quite interesting.

Well if your paint was solid neutronium like the core of a neutron star, that might help, as neutronium is the densest material you can get before matter implodes on itself to become a singularity. In neutronium there is no space between the particles.

Of course if your paint was neutronium then your car would weigh like 8 million tons and this would ruin your power to weight ratio a bit.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

not to mention shagging your suspension up a tad

and as for your glove box protecting you from neutrinos, well unless you have a miniture fusion reactor under the bonnet, dont fret

and lead paint is heavier than paint made from lighter materials

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 17 August 2004

and to see this you need a big tank of stuff that looks like green jelly and when a Neutrino has passed through it it leaves a trail through the jelly as if youd fired a bullet through it,
Or simply open a Clio glove box...

so just to keep this interesting debarcle continue..how much of whats been written in this thread is true? JAF182 if neutrinos are so strong why not route them straight outside :) ???

other than a hole for the air con to cool the glove box i cant see the blue thing doing much else?

All true!

Its precisely because neutrinos are so strong that it is diffucult to route them straight outside. The comfort windscreen coating is an extremely thin layer of neutronium that impedes electromagnetic radiation but only slows down neutrinos on there way in to the Clio. Once slowed down they are unable to escape except through the clear portion of the screen and the glove box blue thingy. The blue thingy is blue because blue is entirely transparent to neutrinos - which incidentally means that blue cars without stripes are neurtion-pull neutral . You need the stripes to go faster - scientific fact!

dk

911 GTS Cab

so the little window in the windscreen has nothing to do with Automatic French Toll devices needing a clear window as they cant penetrate the heat reflective windscreen when driving through tolls.

My mistake, carry on......

Full Fat 182 - Was..

well my bit is all true.

we actualy use huge magnets to guide the neutrinos through the earth to japan where they pass through the tanks of green jelly. i set them up :D

high enegy partical physics is my thing

Full Fat 182 - Was..

well my bit is all true.

we actualy use huge magnets to guide the neutrinos through the earth to japan where they pass through the tanks of green jelly. i set them up :D

high enegy partical physics is my thing

I AM ZIMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like your job is far more interesting than most. I wish id done science at uni, business info systems was so boring.

I think a neutrino passed through my brain as i looked at this thread. It now resembles green jelly with holes in. Im gonna stick to driving tales in future.