ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blueflame over magnex

Clio 172 Mk2
Hi all. My 172 cup currently has the magnex twin tailpipe catback fitted. Having a slight problem where there is a knocking from the exhaust when i have 4 people in the car and in low revs, im assuming this is the large backbox knocking against the rear axle.
Am thinking of changing to a blueflame exhaust. Can anyone that has one of these tell me if the fitment is good and whether they have any knocks or rattles with them? What is the sound like compared to the magnex? Any help greatly appreciated

ant

yep.
blueflame is fine when fitted by themselves.

problems seem to arise when someone else fits it.

mine had a heatshield "issue" but easily sorted and i reckon they're quite a bit louder than the magnex.

CTR--VX220D
Fred mine booked in with you on Friday to get fitted [Yozzasport system :)]

i'm picking the otherhalf up from the airport, shame as i would've liked to meet you! oh well i might twist her arm ;)

I know - everytime I come up your neck of the woods your always elsewhere!

Did Yoz tell you about him making me soil my pants the last time I met him! lol

Ive booked Friday off work :)

Oh and your V6 is coming on fantastically - Id love to see it in the flesh... How long do you think the rest is going to take?

Lionel Richie
i'm picking the otherhalf up from the airport, shame as i would've liked to meet you! oh well i might twist her arm ;)

I know - everytime I come up your neck of the woods your always elsewhere!

Did Yoz tell you about him making me soil my pants the last time I met him! lol

Ive booked Friday off work :)

Oh and your V6 is coming on fantastically - Id love to see it in the flesh... How long do you think the rest is going to take?

its in the workshop, feel free to have a poke around!

yoz said you actually screamed like a girl? ;)

CTR--VX220D
Im not used to pass rides... especially when someone else is driving the car I just spend £K's on on some greasy roads in the middle of the night! He surprised me how quick my little trolley shopper was - it felt much quicker than my VX! I need to get some hours behind the wheel now - totally different to my CTR and VX so need to get used to the handling and power delivery. I'm loving my new brakes though [except lack of Copperslip!]

I'll have a poke around your V6 ;)

Lionel Richie
Im not used to pass rides... especially when someone else is driving the car I just spend £K's on on some greasy roads in the middle of the night! He surprised me how quick my little trolley shopper was - it felt much quicker than my VX! I need to get some hours behind the wheel now - totally different to my CTR and VX so need to get used to the handling and power delivery. I'm loving my new brakes though [except lack of Copperslip!]

i've been nick named the copper grease king in the workshop :(

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II

So the missus likes copper grease? - thats just plain bizarre Fred :)

Michael

Clio 172 mk2
I had problems with my old Magnex too.....also looked far too big on teh car (twin 3.5 tailpipes).

Ended up going for the K-tec Stealth....okay, so it's not super high quality but it fits well and does it's job well.

CTR--VX220D

You can never have too much CS - the women love it! :rasp: