ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blueprinted engine?

Lionel Richie
its actually a formula renault single seater engine

(rich's old engine incase you were wondering, had a cracked cylinder head, unfortunatley no one was to know)

the engine comes direct from the UK engine builder for Renault sport, if he says its blueprinted, i'm not arguing! LOL

this engine Rich was rebuilt 6months ago and has never been in a car, its purely been a "bench mark" dyno engine (all engines have to be within 5bhp of each other)

Audi TT 225
Cheers for the info matey :D
Im still none the wiser on the blueprinting but Im guessing its just built really well LOL

Yep my old engine was stuffed long before it went to you guys I can see that from the photo's of the cylinders and head. You wouldn't have known since you didn't take the head off first time round.

Lionel Richie
put it this way, blokey who we get the engines off said the old 1.8 16V's were 136bhp (ish) std, blueprinted (std parts) they were near 150bhp

Audi TT 225
I ain't complaining! Like I said I'd be happy with bog standard atm lol
Think a trip to see pmurray and his magic rollers might be in order when my wallet recovers then :D
Especially with a de-cat and one of bens manifolds!

LY 182
As I understand it, a simple way to explain blueprinting is as follows:

When building an engine, all parts have a tolerance on them, such as +/- 1.5mm or whatever.

When an engine is blueprinted, all the tolerances are the maximum allowed, so you get greater flow wherever possible, get better sealing, and generally produce as much power as it can while still being 'standard'.

I think that's right anyway...
bang on, when you are building an engine to compete in a race class that allows no modifications to the engine you can build it to the very minimum tolerance allowed to a standard engine

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
what was cracked on the head? water jacket?

it would of run like a pile of s**t if it had cracked,