ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blueyonder Speed Upgrades

Leon Cupra
I had an email from blueyonder about 4 months ago raving about their free upgrades. Apparently I’m inline for an upgrade from 4meg to 10meg. They didn’t actually state a date that my upgrade would be completed but they said it would be “soon”. Now I don’t know what your interpretation of “soon” is but I bet it aint 4 months. I have even called them up twice now, in November they said I’d be upgraded by the end of the month and again in December they said by the end of there year. Nothing seems to have happened yet so I’ll believe it when I see it. I know it’s a free upgrade and im grateful but it’s just a bit annoying when they dangled you the metaphorical carrot but you don’t know when you are going to get it

Anyhow I was wondering who and were HAS and HASN’T been upgraded.

e.g.
Yes or No
Town
County

So I’ll start.

NO
Wolverhampton
West Midlands

I’ve posted this on a few forums to get as much feedback as possible. Hopefully it should give some indication of when I’m gona get my upgrade.

Clio 172mk2
i do remember the news later stating this will take upto at the time 12 months before all the areas would see the upgrade , so just be patient

Leon Cupra
If they stuck to their promise's I’d sit and wait contently but they have told me “by the end of then month” twice now and im still waiting

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Theres a list on there website showing where they have and have nto completed the upgrades!

It also shows dates for your particular area.

Ive had mine done last year in Surrey (croydon area for Blueyonder)

Yes
Westbury
Wiltshire

They email you when its done, haven't noticed it in the slightest though to be honest, I think its 8MB now, I signed up for 512k years ago and am still paying the same to this day, had about 5 upgrades I think.

R35 GTR
Tim, i think I am only round the corner from you and I got 1MB, really need an upgrade soon.:(
I live off the droveway.

'18 Megane dci
My 4mb Blueyonder connection atm, crap... :(

Downstream1000 Kbps (125.0 KB/sec)1080 Kbps (inc. overheads)Upstream193 Kbps (24.1 KB/sec)208 Kbps (inc. overheads)

R35 GTR
Dave Cli02 said:
My 4mb Blueyonder connection atm, crap... :(

Downstream1000 Kbps (125.0 KB/sec)1080 Kbps (inc. overheads)Upstream193 Kbps (24.1 KB/sec)208 Kbps (inc. overheads)

surely thats only 1 Mb?

I have the same rate on our 1Mb connection.

Skoda Fabia vRS
and another using a server in the U.S

Download Speed: 1397 kbps (174.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 358 kbps (44.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Leon Cupra
thats what im getting on mine cant wait for 10meg

speed.jpg