ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA Fitting Problem

Clio Sport 172
Attempted too fit my BMC CDA today. However there doesnt seem enough room in the engine bay for the shite CAF that comes with the kit. I am going too buy some better ducting with a trumpet but I still think its going too be an arse too fit as the filter seems too take up much of the room. So for the minute can I run the BMC without a CAF untill I get one?

Mk4 .:R32
you have to get some flexi hose. Have you cut down the length of the silicone inlet as well? so theres more room infront of the BMC CDA. I had mine on without a CAF for a bit, lost a wee bit of power. Sounded good though

Clio Sport 172
Nah I havent cut I didnt know you had too. I think I will just run it without a CAF for a few days untill I get the flexi hose

C

Cupster

Know what mean, Mine is pretty much wedged behind the rad! No space for CAF! As was said, get a nice shorter elbow and then the space for CAF will be ok. I haven't noticed any loss of power, torque band feels a bit higher as the 5k kick is a lot more noticable than before. sounds awesome though!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I have cut a good 4 inches off my samco induction elbow, pulled all the standard CAF / acoustic valve stuff out and run some 80mm CAF from down by the horns in the front wheel arch.

Noticeable gain from when i ran the BMC with no CAF, and personally i found it to loud without CAF.

I have noticed it does stutter a bit at low revs from when it was standard - but this is offset by freer breathing further up the rev range.