ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 120D 06 plate

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
As a rule of thumb you need to be doing roughly 25k a year to make diesel pay,otherwise your better taking the hit on the petrol cost.

BMW 330D
I have had a 120d for a couple of months mate, I dont do many miles when commuting but i do use the motorway. Not getting great MPGS becuase i don't do enough motorway miles but everything else about the car is great. When on the motorway it just pulls and pulls and is so much more refined than the 1*2. I know this is to be expected but it wasn't till i had mine that it sunk just how much quieter and smoother it is. <br><br>The driving postiion is brilliant. i'm 6;1 and could never get comfy in the clio but i don't have a problem in the 120. I would say that my preffered driving position means that there is no leg room behind me and when my mates sit behind me they do moan about the leg room. However i bought a 5 door so I didn't have to get out to let them get in not to make them comfy. I never have to drive long distance with somebody sat in the back so this is not a problem for me. <br><br>I have leather interior and would reccomend it, i didn't care about it when buying and now its one of my favourite things about the car. One compaint I would have about the car would be is the sterio. The aux is really quiet when i play my iphone through it, turned up all the way its quiet and sound quality is rubbish. <br><br>
IMG_1159_zps7f08ad2f.jpg

Vectra SRi
Based on what you've said I'd be looking for a tidy e46 320d (or320cd if possible?) Around the 5k mark and keeping the Clio for fun

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
As a rule of thumb you need to be doing roughly 25k a year to make diesel pay,otherwise your better taking the hit on the petrol cost.

I do 20-25k a year and i ended up buying an old petrol. To get a nice Diesel which is reliable costs upwards of 6-7k. My 328 cost 2800 i think and has been hassle free for 40k. I would save £1200 a year by going for diesel and have a risk of engine probs.