ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 330ci

BMW 330ci
Oo fair enough. I've never tried one. But the build quality in my little 1.2 clio was terrible compared to this. Could never imagine to go back to it.

BMW 330ci
So today was the turn of painting the callipers and giving all the wheels a full clean. And the arches and dress them. Wheels were basically bonded on ! Could undo the bolts or when I got one set of the wheel was then stuck. Was terrible !! Had to pop to the local tyre place to use the gun on them. After that they were ok. But the wheels were still bonded on. So once off. I pressure washed the arches and cleaned them then dressed them with AG, rubbed the hub and back of the wheel with a wire brush. Then cleaned all the back of the wheel with AG wheel clean and iron x. Came up ok but highlighted the wheel corrosion and bad paint jobs. Clean tyres to remove previous tyre gel. Then protected them with just AG super resin and extra protection. Only thing I thought to use. As haven't got any actual wheel wax. But tbh they never came up great well the backs. Just highlighted how bad they was. Maybe changed wheels or a full acid dip. Fronts came up nice. Hopefully be easier to clean.

Onto callipers, rubbed them down with a wire brush and cleaned them. Then painted them with black hammerite. Also gave the nuts a coat of satin paint as was sick of rusty bolts. If I did change or get them painted I would get new bolts hopefully polarised.

Pretty pleased with the results.

Back calliper before:

ypateny8.jpg

After:

usehyza6.jpg

yhuhugy5.jpg

Front:

esy8arag.jpg

ery6uzum.jpg

a8uravar.jpg

BMW 330ci
Picked up my new Radio and fitted it this weekend. Really please, looks much better than the kenwood, sold that on eBay so that was money towards this.

Does everything sat Nav, bluetooth, freeview, DVD, iPod,USB etc.

a7a6a6y2.jpg

6yzy4unu.jpg

Also got some fresh plates and stuck them on with sticky pads not screws. Also a new front badge as previous was pretty warn.

Just need to get silver visions to finish the front end.

e5etuza5.jpg

u4aguvyt.jpg

6e5y7yza.jpg

e8ysuhu8.jpg

Thanks.

BMW 330ci
Yeah had to have one. Didn't like the fact the screen didn't fill the whole space. And no I never in the end, couldn't be bothered to fit it...

Do you know how to get the freeview to work. I can't find any channels ?

Which unit is that you've gone for?

I saw a couple of days ago that Dynavin have brought out the N6, which had me tempted until I saw the price.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Looks great mate! Best colour and a nice spec too.

Im on the look out for one now and it seems impossible to find a well specced one.

BMW 330ci
Thanks mate! Yeah looked for this colour and for a decent spec.

Yeah think you have to compromise with a few things. Important things is service history. Then you have to compromise on spec and mileage.

MINI FJCW
Certainly know how to look after your cars.

The small mods & changes look absolutely fantastic! Great work.

BMW 330ci
Thank you mate. I do try :)

Do the little bits first and then hopefully
Move onto the bigger stuff. Want to maybe change the steering wheel like in my compact. And get some csl wheels.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Thanks mate! Yeah looked for this colour and for a decent spec.

Yeah think you have to compromise with a few things. Important things is service history. Then you have to compromise on spec and mileage.

Yeah that seems to be the only option. There are only two for sale that have caught my attention but seem overpriced at 5k. How much did you fork out for this? PM me if you'd prefer.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Spot on 46 330ci tbh. Everything I'd want with one. I keep looking at 330cd's..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Meaty. Not like your normal diesel that's for sure. I did look at a 300bhp cd but it was Auto so only a matter of time before that goes bang.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Hi,

Nice updates on the car, recently bought one myself in the same colour with 78,000 on the clock. Lovely daily drive. Only mine is an auto, tbh I was worried about it being an auto, but in fact I find it very good.

Can I ask how you did the carbon cube restore on the handles as mine have gone poor.

Also liking the cup holders!!

BMW 330ci
Thanks mate.

You not got a thread up ?

Oh fair enough I just prefer the drive with a manual feel more connected with the gear changes. Long as your happy that's all that matters.

Yeah I just taped all around the and sprayed some satin black spray on lightly just enough to cover up the marks at first then just out a couple of coats on.

Yeah I had sliding trays before, didn't like the look as much as the cup holders.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Thanks mate.

You not got a thread up ?

Oh fair enough I just prefer the drive with a manual feel more connected with the gear changes. Long as your happy that's all that matters.

Yeah I just taped all around the and sprayed some satin black spray on lightly just enough to cover up the marks at first then just out a couple of coats on.

Yeah I had sliding trays before, didn't like the look as much as the cup holders.

No I haven't made a thread yet, been occupying my time with a barn conversion. Doing the majority myself in the evenings and weekends, so car time is very low at the moment.

5azebu2e.jpg

Brilliant cars aren't they!

I'm thinking of getting cup holders now after seeing yours

Might seem thick here but how did you keep the carbon effect with using satin black?

BMW 330ci
Oh mind a barn conversion sounds more interesting.

It really is a great car, great all rounder. Couldn't be more happy with it.

Just spray over them lightly and the effect stays on. I was worried about this at first too

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Oh mind a barn conversion sounds more interesting.

It really is a great car, great all rounder. Couldn't be more happy with it.

Just spray over them lightly and the effect stays on. I was worried about this at first too

The job you've done looks great any way! So I'll give it a go.
I'll keep an eye on your thread, progress is excellent!

BMW 330ci
Barn conversion looks awesome!! I would love to do one of those. Always love the look of them.

Car also looks great mate. Done any changes ?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Barn conversion looks awesome!! I would love to do one of those. Always love the look of them.

Car also looks great mate. Done any changes ?

I can't wait to finish it! Should be in before Xmas if all goes well. Then I'll need to sort the outside out.

No changes to the car, it has SC schnizer mirrors if I pronounce that correct? Quite like the look of them.

Gave it an oil change plus filters after I bought it. Plan to keep it looking OEM really. The bodywork is in excellent condition. Previous owner looked after it well

BMW 330ci
Ordered some gliptone today for the seats as fed up of them looking shiny. Want them back to matt looking new and smelling new :).

Also thinking of ordering a steering wheel the same as in the compact ! As I loved that wheel and believe the current one spoils the interior.

Wheel I would have :

uryvuqu6.jpg

Also car was beading nicely from the detail a week ago:

yzu4e4ar.jpg

yqehe7uj.jpg

ryna7ase.jpg

qema4u7e.jpg

zasyhuna.jpg

BMW 330ci
muny2use.jpg

haza2yqa.jpg

Absolutely love it !! Such an improvement to the interior. So pleased with it, and so pleased I got it done !

Managed to sort it really quick which shocked me as on the last one it took forever !

Will get some pics in the day tomorrow.