ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 745i vs 182

F/F Titanium 182
I had the good grace and pleasure of having a play with a 745i from the lights on a national speed limit from a standing start then another round about about 1k after then another national speed limit! who came out tops?

tiTTy & SV650
off the lights the BMW should have won, if it was a straight road, he should have humped u really lol

F/F Titanium 182
I thought he should have won but he was a ball hair behind me to 70 couldn't cope with the roundabout backed off then came up on me again at 70 and i let him f off and do a ton 30

tiTTy & SV650
lol that sounds about right to be fair, they usually dont know how to drive their big RWD cars. And they take offence when u beat them, then they sail past u as u grin in ur victory over the car that cost maybe 3 times as much as urs muahahhaha

53 plate Clio 172
Is always fun beating expensive cars.
Jags, mercs and the like
Like someone said the look on their face is GREAT!

Had one of these chasing me up a long slip road onto the M27, soon as you get towards the speed limit they take you easily. Was really shocked at the time. Bloke must of been 70+ as well. :eek:

tjhing is most bm drivers cant drive for s**t. i had one sat up my ass the other day in my works kangoo van. (the road i was on went to a roundabout, then a short dual carriage way bit, then closes back in again) i went round the roundabout not even need ing to slow down, by the time the road close back in again to one lane he only just caught back up and was sittin on my ass again. fool

F/F Titanium 182
They just don't think the wee fella is going to produce the goods. The guy in the 745 looked genuinely stunned wtf how much did that car cost?!

F/F Titanium 182
on a lighter note someone tried to take me today in a 1.8 astra! for the sake of my dignity i let him! he'll be telling his mates about it now!

Tesla MP3 2021
Davey_182 said:
on a lighter note someone tried to take me today in a 1.8 astra! for the sake of my dignity i let him! he'll be telling his mates about it now!

letting the side down...lol:)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I've had a go off the lights with 2 Astra GSIs. 1st one I nailed him on the start and pissed him off. Second time I was behind one when I was 2 up off the lights and there was bob all in it, i was sat on his Jacksie but was never getting past lol.

Dont get many races nowdays, had loads with my Polo GTI, think people tend not to bother when they see its an RS.

Rob

MINI JCW
yeah the 745 are powerful but they weight about two ton, obviosuly at high speeds 90+ they will batter the 182

Clio 172 mk2
Never experienced any of this road racing stuff in my Clio....don't drive it that much though.

C

Cupster

^^ I think the 2.2's have about 160 horses???

I tried to play with a Merc S500 (non AMG) on the motorway, Its the only car that has actually flashed me out of the way and left me for dead!

Black 182 f&f
one of my mates has a astra gsi turbo he thinks he will be able to see me easy but i told him he will be in for a shock :D

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I found that I had to really nail it though to keep up with a 730 d in a straight line... kept up with him, but only just really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Justin182 said:
Showed a astra 2.2 who was boss the other day, but to be fair it was 3 up. Their quite fast !!

down hill with the wind behind them...

a burnt one
had an old boy in a scooby try it on with me at the lights, got to hand it to him though, this thing was beatiful and sounded even better, the rumble from the exhaust then his dump valve would have had me wet if i was a female!:eek:

shame he mustve been too blind to notice my 1.2 badge!! was he expecting a fair go??:S