ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Body colouring!

Clio Authentique 1.2
Is it worth body colouring all the side strips, bumper strips, wing mirrors etc myself or getting it done professionally? Iv done renault badges etc myself before and theyve looked mint but because they are bigger parts then im not sure if the colour will match up properly to the original body colour.

Clio S & VW T5
Go for it! If you f**k it up, you've only wasted the cost of the paint, and any half decent bodyshop won't charge extra to put right your mistakes.
Just remember to remove all traces of plastic dressing on your bumper bits, and use proper plastic primer!

182/ 172 Cup
Depends what finish you want really. If you want to match your cars finish then get it done by a bodyshop. They will use adhesion promotors and then a high build 2k primer to loose the texture, also you will never get the same level of gloss using aerosol as you will with 2k laquer. But you might be happy with your own finish??? Can't hurt to have a bash I if you happy with it :)