ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Evo 5 RS
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

NEGATIVITY. QUIT IT NOW K.

The only thing thats going to be slipping on that slut is the clutch lol

Stripped yozza'd cup

I've never understood why chains aren't used more often than belts on pretty much anywhere on an engine? There must be a good reason (noise perhaps?) but it does on the face of it, seem to be a more logical to use chains? Or am I being dumb? ;)

D.

Chains would sap a lot of power would they not?

Qashcow

Boost makes me happy :)

Leaking rocker cover dripping oil onto exhaust manifold quite badly two weeks before trackday makes me sad :(

FFS

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

How much do u class as badly? Could smear the joining edge with a sealant and hope for the best? Other than that I think it's a full cambelt job again to take the covers off and reseal them

Lionel Richie

did a phs1 cambelt today and it had the same dodgy crank! W plater

Qashcow

did a phs1 cambelt today and it had the same dodgy crank! W plater

At least there's more than one YTS built clio in the world!

Seaping from bolt heads, the join between head and cover, more than one place?

It seems to be coming from between the upper and lower rocker cover parts but can't be 100% quite yet, have cleaned it up and will check next time we go for a drive

How do the cams not go flying if I do need to take off the rocker head? Will locking everything up as if for a cambelt change prevent it, as I know the cams are only held down with the cover.

I wouldn't need a new cambelt would I, just a new tensioner?

This may have to wait, anyone want to take my trackday place for £60...

Evo 5 RS

Yeah what he said ^, it wouldn't be french if it didn't leak from somewhere!!!

Fred, show him a picture of that one i've sent you that'll make him feel better lol

Last edited:
  Qashcow

Why couldn't it leak before I changed the frigging cambelt 200 miles ago!!!

I've got no problem doing it Adey, just have no money what so ever

Golf GTD Mk7
Just change the belt Dave, the tensioner should be fine if it was new when you changed the belt last. Only 30quid ish for the belt

Bomber how is your breather system setup? I.e. do you have a check valve to stop the crank case seeing boost? If not that will probably cause some leaks :)

Qashcow

I don't understand what you just said Matt :D

Nothing yet has been changed on the breather side of it... I suspect that will change tonight?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

I'll ring u in a sec lol, matt on bombers the only inlet for positive pressure into the crankcase is the small hole on top of the rocker under the inlet. The other breather vents to fresh air

Qashcow

Matt, book me in to make the 260bhp were after, I've made a mistake with the plumbing :D

Live and learn, but easily fixed. Ooooooopsie

Qashcow

Via text, we don't need to be making this any more public than it already is :p

340i

well... at a guess.....

you have 2 oil / breather outlets on the back of the engine, one re-circulates into the inlet pipe and Bomber has one simply venting into the atmosphere? Has he put the pipe on the wrong breather outlet?

(please note my highly technical wording in the above paragraph.)

ITB'd MK1

my guess was going to be, the small breather hole into the breather plate hasnt been blocked, so boost is goin through it and straight out the breather pipe at the back

340i

maybe the oil getting blown out of the breather was going on the belt, therefore causing belt slip?

:coffee:

Qashcow

I'm sat eating my lunch on a bench in the middle of nowhere overlooking a little town called Holmfirth pondering the day away. It doesn't get much better than a home made sarnie and some good news :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

my guess was going to be, the small breather hole into the breather plate hasnt been blocked, so boost is goin through it and straight out the breather pipe at the back

Nope and it was leaking from the rocker cover, mines not blocked and is totaly fine so the little hole isn't an issue

340i

I'm sat eating my lunch on a bench in the middle of nowhere overlooking a little town called Holmfirth pondering the day away. It doesn't get much better than a home made sarnie and some good news :)

I know where you are... just South of Huddersfield ;)