ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Trophy #387
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Bomber, what kind of figures do you think you could get it up to? I read earlier in the thread that you're not "chasing figures" :lol: but if you tried, what do you reckon you could take it up to? bhp i'm talking...

big boost cup

I got told 400 ponies the other day dont know how much this would vary on the phase1

Qashcow

big enough balls and big enough pocket the charger itself could produce about 400bhp, one day with a low comp engine, VAG gearbox and custom drive shafts it may see 350+ but wouldnt be for many years and not until ive learnt enough.

im lucky in that its my 2nd/3rd vehicle so if i blow the engine up at Llandow next week, i'll do some over time and rebuild it with extra bits each time. yes i could give it to someone else to build and pay them £5K+ to do it but wheres the fun/learning in that.

ph1 and ph2 will get the same power output, same engine. mines got parts from 3 types of Renault factory material in it!!

mso

172 cup supercharged

That's quite interesting MSO, how do you switch between power modes?

With the GeN 90 you can upload any map you like from your laptop just connect it up and away you go all the different maps etc we have tried on my car are all saved so I can take my pick how i want my car to drive

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

Aah right so basically, it's just a programmable ECU and nothing like the power switches fitted to some modern motorbikes which allow you to swap power modes on the move with the flick of a switch?

mso

172 cup supercharged

Aah right so basically, it's just a programmable ECU and nothing like the power switches fitted to some modern motorbikes which allow you to swap power modes on the move with the flick of a switch?

I didn't say that you could swap power modes on the move i was giving an example of throttle movement but you can make changes on the move through your laptop why don't you give ktec a ring and they will tell you what can be done with a gen 90 once it's been fitted to your car.

I'm sure mine is between filter and sc unit, we went out in car when andy had is laptop connected to the GeN 90 the adjustments were made to throttle responsiveness a bit like the maps you can get on motorbikes A is full power with half turn of the throttle B is full power with whole turn of throttle he just softened it off a bit made a masive difference no loss of power just used all the movement up on the pedal we also fitted a new pedal as the ecu couldn't pick up a constant signal where it had worn down don't know what the bits are called but they wear down just after the pedal is pressed where the car is driven most of the time if yours is like this that could be the cause of the juddering

Bombers is a cable throttle car so unfortunately none of this applies! Bomber it'd be worth checking your TPS around low throttle opening in case it's sticky but it looked alright on the dyno. Likewise your cheap chinese map sensor!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG

I didn't say that you could swap power modes on the move i was giving an example of throttle movement but you can make changes on the move through your laptop why don't you give ktec a ring and they will tell you what can be done with a gen 90 once it's been fitted to your car.

Steve has a ec1 so I doubt he will call ktec..........

Qashcow

Bombers is a cable throttle car so unfortunately none of this applies! Bomber it'd be worth checking your TPS around low throttle opening in case it's sticky but it looked alright on the dyno. Likewise your cheap chinese map sensor!

im yet to move the restrictor pipe too, havent got round to touching it this week. I'll have a look at the TPS tomorrow night, and i think you'll find its a genuine Ferrari F40 map sensor ;)

I have been invited to a RR day at powerstation on saturday, Adey is going in the other DIY sc clio so will be an interesting result now mines making the .5 bar it was meant too. near identical cars (sports cat vs decat), indentical RR and different ECU's could be interesting.

Matt, am i able to use the EC1 for fan control easily? id like to try using it, its the only way Adey got his fan working with his car. i can set the temps up on the laptop if its that simple? (plus the wiring of course)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

wiring is easy bud,ill point it out sat, just need to know the pin out from the ec1, i assume the ec1 uses a switched earth for relay control? if so the wiring is simple.

also the hunting and jerking on mine is down to a sticky throttle, at idle when it does it you can see the throttle isnt fully shut but when you press it a few times it changes the tps reading, stamp on it a few more times and itll read 0 and run smoooooooth. im just refurbing a spare body, when i switch it over ill do it again and you can try it if you like?

will defo be intresting to see what they both put down on the same set of rollers, lets hope it doesnt blow up

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

I have been invited to a RR day at powerstation on saturday, Adey is going in the other DIY sc clio so will be an interesting result now mines making the .5 bar it was meant too. near identical cars (sports cat vs decat), indentical RR and different ECU's could be interesting.

Vids are going to be needed fella!

mso

172 cup supercharged

wiring is easy bud,ill point it out sat, just need to know the pin out from the ec1, i assume the ec1 uses a switched earth for relay control? if so the wiring is simple.

also the hunting and jerking on mine is down to a sticky throttle, at idle when it does it you can see the throttle isnt fully shut but when you press it a few times it changes the tps reading, stamp on it a few more times and itll read 0 and run smoooooooth. im just refurbing a spare body, when i switch it over ill do it again and you can try it if you lik

will defo be intresting to see what they both put down on the same set of rollers, lets hope it doesnt blow up[/QUOTE
Can anyone use the RR on Saturday if so where is it, I wouldn't mind seeing your cars

Qashcow

They won't blow up, get driven harder by us than the rr guy hitting the limiter once. it's at Powerstation in Tewkesbury, we got asked by our mates, not sure if they're any spaces or not. Only found out about it at lunch time

Evo 5 RS

yeah mso, pop along why don't you and compare n stuff! should be an interesting day! lol

Seriously though one of you boys best take a working camera phone ;)

clio 182

Really impressed with what you have done here! Made at home SC kit ftw!

out of interest would you be able to put up a rough figure that you put this together for? i always planned throttle bodies but boost wins all day every day so im going to start collecting some bits i think!

Good luck on the rollers at the weekend, be interesting to see the result!

Qashcow

I've got camera footage of mine but it's pointless admit ends before the main power run lol. Both got decent cameras so will both come up with something worth posting :)

I was going to sit down tonight and work out how much this has cost me, but have been invited to the pub so it'll wait a few days, it's a lot more than itb's mind!!

Evo 5 RS

lol yeah but to be fair fella it's also a lot more power too. show them all up at the weekend

im yet to move the restrictor pipe too, havent got round to touching it this week. I'll have a look at the TPS tomorrow night, and i think you'll find its a genuine Ferrari F40 map sensor ;)

Matt, am i able to use the EC1 for fan control easily? id like to try using it, its the only way Adey got his fan working with his car. i can set the temps up on the laptop if its that simple? (plus the wiring of course)

Genuine chinese F40 map sensor ;) Fueling should be okay with that extra .1 bar but let me know as it never made it to that load site with your unintentional pressure bleed off!

Easy to use EC1 for fan control, just configure Aux 2 for cooling fan and run a wire from that to the earth/switch side of the cooling fan relay. Don't think you have anything in Aux 2 at the moment but if you do bell me!

mso

172 cup supercharged

Come down and watch and if there's space do a run?

just like to say good job you guys for the doing the sc conversion yourselfs, i wouldn't have a clue where to start! It would be good to go for a quick blip up the road in each car to see how they drive considering they have been mapped at different tuners etc. Im not bothered about putting mine on the RR thou, i might pop down there in the morning for a couple of hours what time do you plan on getting there.

Qashcow

I'll take you out in mine to see, but very few select people on this planet who get to drive it. We'll be there bright and early as Adriana says.

Ade, I was going to being Emma along but she's working, could have had that foursome they're always on about

340i

I'll take you out in mine to see, but very few select people on this planet who get to drive it. We'll be there bright and early as Adriana says.

Ade, I was going to being Emma along but she's working, could have had that foursome they're always on about

quagmire_giggity_giggity_goo_RE_Sweet_Victory_DBGT-s433x481-38244.jpg

172 Race Car

Easy to use EC1 for fan control, just configure Aux 2 for cooling fan and run a wire from that to the earth/switch side of the cooling fan relay. Don't think you have anything in Aux 2 at the moment but if you do bell me!
I'll sort it for him next week, we dont want any more back fed relays ;)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only if I can touch you lol

mso

172 cup supercharged

Just got back from power station RR day 268 hp at 7000rpm my car is mapped well on the safe side for reliability
So very happy, well done the lads at Ktec for doing a great job on the conversion and to Andy for doing the mapping. hope the other guys are pleased with theirs.

mso

172 cup supercharged

Adeys did well, not seen / heard anything from bomber yey

adeys was 278 hp and bombers was 245 hp all good results thou, I think they are going to put up all 3 results together over lap them on the RR printout, all cars are mapped by different tuners, but at the end of the day it's what they drive like that matters most